the Rift

[PRIVATE] All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

His agreement to allow Fina feeding rights was a relief, I couldn’t imagine what the insides of an animal would be good for—aside from of course nourishing my phoenix. (At least I hadn’t spoken a falsehood ahead of his permission.) Finn broached a question as we walked toward the site, I nodded and replied, “If I knew the purpose I’d surely tell ye. My directions had been simply enough, but I can’t help wonder what he desires me to learn from this.” Brows shriveled together in brief pondering, “All in good time I suppose.” It was impossible to experience something and reflect upon the experience at the same time. Nay, we would all be learned men of great wisdom if that was possible. Later, when I had time for reflection, I would look back upon this meeting in a favorable light and truly see the experience in a wider view.

We neared Fina, her flaming feathers a lamp to guide our steps by. She was glancing up at me with sharp eagerness—waiting, for either permission or further directions. Finn offered his thanks, aqua gaze jerked toward him in approval. My face relaxed into a quiet grin, “Aye, thank ye.” The fire child hopped off, wings spread apart and head swiveling to follow when the buck began to shiver with unseen power. I flinched as skin peeled off to reveal a deep red below in the shape of this rodent—the muscles and meaty parts were left behind.

Fina snatched it up the moment said hide was removed, she could care less what we did with the hair or skin. The smell was puckish and I found myself shifting away to focus on the pelt that had lost its soft looking follicles. He crafted the skin into a tawny leather, it still smelled of buck musk, but the odor was noticeably dimmer. Finally the finished product was complete and my first sphere was covered. He gleamed, turning those polite eyes to me for approval.

The forgivable material clung tightly as I slowly shifted it up for inspection. “Marvelous.” I breathed out, “Aye, I am in your debt dear sir. This generosity will not be forgotten, should ye also have a need please don’t hesitate to voice it.” In time I would pay this crafter back for his gift today.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Midas - 11-23-2013, 08:21 PM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Finn - 12-09-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Midas - 12-13-2013, 10:34 AM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Finn - 12-31-2013, 02:07 AM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Midas - 01-04-2014, 11:25 PM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Finn - 01-19-2014, 05:51 AM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Midas - 01-28-2014, 05:55 PM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Finn - 06-18-2014, 06:39 PM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Midas - 06-21-2014, 11:25 PM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Finn - 06-29-2014, 04:05 PM