the Rift

[OPEN] Dancing through the fire.

Alina Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Alina
It is wondrous how forgetful the dove could be at times. She had stated herself and also gotten it confirmed that Scarter had had a long journey and yet she set a pace unsuitable for a weary traveler. But the minds of the young are not always too logical and since the girl was feeling extra excited about her life today she was a bit up in the clouds so to speak.

However she had heard every word the dark mare had said and when Scarter called her “my sweet” the dove had flicked her ears, with a lopsided grin on her lips and arched her neck away from the older mare. Had it been physically possible for Alina to blush she would have, but instead a girlish little giggle had escaped her against her will and she had given Scarter a sideways glance from under her silky forelock.

But when the mare had asked to be called Scar Alina had nodded and obediently repeated the name with a smile. ”Pleased to meet you, Miss Scar. Most people call me Alina, a few call me A.J; you are free to choose.”

It wasn’t too long ago since Alina’s mind and body had taken the last steps towards adulthood and she had found that mares were more interesting than stallions (even though stallions were interesting too). So every time Scar said “my sweet” warm tendrils traveled down Alina’s spine and she could just barely keep from giggling. She was smart enough to realize that the mare wasn’t necessarily flirting with her though.

Her tan hooves moved steadily over the red sand and she listened carefully to what Scar had to say. Alina was surprised that the mare would talk about her scars so openly, but she guessed that Scar had seen how Alina’s emerald eyes lingered on her shoulder. ”That is awful, Miss Scar. I am appalled that so many parents think that abuse is the way to go when teaching their children about the world.”The dove was intrigued to know more about the black mare, but her thoughts were abruptly cut when Scar asked her about her parents.

Alina stopped. Red sand rose in tiny hills in front of her hooves as the momentum pressed her feet into the desert floor. Her expression grew blank for a moment, but then she turned to Scar with a smile. Starting to move again, this time a slow walk, the dove replied: ”Oh, they’re dead. All three of them.”

Unconsciously she meant to sound mysterious so that the other mare would want to know more. Everybody likes to be listened to and the young dove wasn’t exactly spoiled with people she could confide in. She was very good at making new friends, but she was extremely bad at taking a shallow friendship to a deeper level.

”But, Miss Scar, what ever did you do to deserve such a gruesome gift?” She asked before Scar would have time to inquire more about Alina’s own life.

bg and flower: locolobo.net

@[Scarter]

Messages In This Thread
Dancing through the fire. - by Scarter - 11-25-2013, 07:18 PM
RE: Dancing through the fire. - by Alina - 11-27-2013, 03:57 PM
RE: Dancing through the fire. - by Scarter - 12-03-2013, 04:54 PM
RE: Dancing through the fire. - by Alina - 12-05-2013, 07:46 AM
RE: Dancing through the fire. - by Satanic Silk - 12-15-2013, 08:57 PM