the Rift

This Beauty Beholds (Open)

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
AFRICA
Diviner for Dragon's Throat

The palomino’s pretty face lifted at last as though the miserable fog of morbid memories drowning her had begun to disperse. For the first time, the mare’s flaxen forelock was let to slip from where it had veiled so evasively the fearful gaze; the pathway to the heart, and Africa met the shining turquoise eyes with a kind-hearted glance and a warm smile. It seemed that benevolence really was the mesh across a broken being, and both the grey mare’s manner and the calm, patience of Solace had settled Vanity’s unquestionable anxiety- even if only for the time being. She flicked a cheerful look towards the coaly stallion, his fern-green tresses still catching the curious glint of her amiable eye.

Vanity turned towards Solace after a long pause to consider each offer given to her. With forward tipped ears Africa listened, regarding the sincerity behind the explanation; the delicate way the golden Pegasus declined the strangely-hued Equine’s invitation. There was an air of grace about the mare which would undoubtedly be well received by whoever crossed paths with her in the future. She was as dainty as she was well-mannered, both highly flattering qualities.

The focus of the mare shifted back to Africa, and she stiffened the flaccid muscles which had been resting throughout long, lean limbs; gathering her weight equally across them. The one-winged Oracle chuckled lightly, not for one second mocking the other’s sole condition, but because the foundations for their friendship had already been laid down. “I will teach you, of course.” She reassured quickly, bouncing her narrow face agreeably. “I offer my love and support freely though you know, it is yours to keep.” She took a playful step, one stockinged leg closing the small gap which had been placed when Africa had moved to stand closer to Solace. With the heavy curtain of chrome forelock swept aside, her nose reached to butt affectionately at the palomino’s shoulder- her newest herd-sister.

Then she looked quietly and thoughtfully towards Solace, gentle tones melding through the thick humidity to meet his waiting ears. “We will meet again soon I am sure.” There was still a brittleness to the favour between them, tribal hostilities that would take many more moons to overcome. The first steps had been taken though; of that surely Midas would be glad, and a new worth had been placed upon the Foothills herd in her mind- one that she wished to explore further and develop. “Please Solace, if you are ever near the desert, stop by. Ask for Vanity or myself at the wall. You are welcome in Dragon’s Throat.” It was no empty invitation, born only out of politeness for the sake of their conversation. Africa wished wholeheartedly for the stallion to come, and they would show to him the magnificence of their world.

Messages In This Thread
This Beauty Beholds (Open) - by Vanity - 11-25-2013, 11:16 PM
RE: This Beauty Beholds (Open) - by Africa - 11-26-2013, 12:25 AM
RE: This Beauty Beholds (Open) - by Solace - 11-26-2013, 12:14 PM
RE: This Beauty Beholds (Open) - by Vanity - 11-26-2013, 07:00 PM
RE: This Beauty Beholds (Open) - by Africa - 11-26-2013, 11:08 PM
RE: This Beauty Beholds (Open) - by Solace - 11-26-2013, 11:32 PM
RE: This Beauty Beholds (Open) - by Vanity - 11-27-2013, 12:45 AM
RE: This Beauty Beholds (Open) - by Africa - 11-27-2013, 06:04 AM
RE: This Beauty Beholds (Open) - by Solace - 11-27-2013, 12:41 PM
RE: This Beauty Beholds (Open) - by Vanity - 11-27-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: This Beauty Beholds (Open) - by Africa - 11-27-2013, 09:27 PM