the Rift

[OPEN] Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any)

Dust Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
My heart's a stereo, it beats for you, so listen close
hear my thoughts in every note...

Africa's fluttery breath felt warm and soothing. The little grey boy liked the mare, in a different way. He never liked anyone this way. She reminded him of the time when he was born. When he ran through the fields of light, and green. When he had the fond warmth of a slight companion of a black and white chipmunk. His name, Oreo. Dust missed him dearly, but he knew the little oreo wouldn't come with him to this new land. He had a home there in that very forest with his family.

Dust vowed to never forget his mum and his best friend of black and white. Africa then spoke soft words. “I think that having goals is great.” Her voice then faded into nothingness. A few moments had passed them , and all Dust did was think. He also thought about Africa, and what she was thinking. Was she thinking about him? Or how he would do in the new home? But then, he thought about what she had said. Having goals is great. He had goals. He loved to make them, and see if he could go to the limits. Or stretch them. He loved the idea of them. Just loved it.

“You can cross living in a herd off your list Dust.
See? Nothing is beyond the reach of someone with the motivation to achieve.”
Dust smiled warmly at her wisely said words. She smiled too, her lips curling into a wonderful smile. She spoke again, her voice still in a soothing drift that could send you asleep in one Hush. “I will teach you all I can. You are welcome by my side always.”

The land seemed different now. But more beautiful than the lands of the Threshold which now, seemed miles beyond reach. But Dust knew it probably wasn’t that far at all. Dust noticed that he felt like her would never stop. He loved the distances of this journey, for he knew he could overcome them and never really fear them as younger would. It didn’t even seem exhausting to him as it would others. Once in a while he would want to stop and give his thin legs a rest. He was still young. But he kept going, for Africa and the new land that he will call home.

Some different thoughts came across him. What about the leaders? Will he met them? He thought thoroughly about what Africa had said to him since he met her. Nothing about her position in the herd or the leaders. He wanted to know this, but he held his questions back, waiting for the right time to speak his words.

Africa then seemed more serious. Her breaths heavier then she had taken in the threshold. Her eyes glittered with determination. That was one thing Dust liked about her growing spirit. She seemed to be thinking of something, but Dust didn’t know what. He didn’t even wish to know about her personal thoughts. He never wanted to butt into someone else’s business. Then hope. The hope on her face and in her eyes seemed to make Dust feel a lot better.

They trekked on, Dust, happy as could be and Africa full of new faith. “I need to explain a few things.” Voice and eyes spoke of true care and concern for him, that Dust truly didn’t think he ever saw in her eyes before. “Dust, Dragon’s Throat has been through much recently, and at the moment we are recovering. I can give you more details at another time if you would like but for the time being I want my warning and advices to be the most important things you remember. The Unicorns who live in the northern Basin are unfriendly and dangerous. You must avoid them please, as is the request of our leaders Midas and Gaucho.” Dust nodded. He knew this was important to Africa, and the laws of the herd. He knew he would never let her down. Well, he hoped. The dappled mare drew a long breath, then smiled. Dust was happy she was happy. He was happy that anyone was happy, and he wished none harm. He had left his past life behind, his life now was here, and he won’t let it go.

“World’s Edge are our closest friends and the relationship is to be upheld. You may visit as you wish, but please be mindful that borders need to be respected. So too are we fond of the Outcast band- the Asylum.” She paused, then added “They are the kingdom alliances” her voice rushed. “The Basin; those Unicorns, they are our greatest enemy.” Dust had never heard of the “basin” Africa had spoken of. He wondered why she had said ‘unicorns’ but he let it go. But to show her that he was listening a grunt slipped his mouth. Then, he thought this time would be a good time to speak, about his questions from earlier. The mare was now silent. “I was wondering if your rank, if I may ask, what is it Africa?” his voice was slightly concerned that maybe she didn’t tell him because she thought he would be ashamed. But he didn’t care for ranks. He cared for personality. How they choose to live. Lying to themselves, or lying to others. About love, anger, hope. Anything that could fit. He awaited the answer. His eyes where calm as he waited. No rush.

"Talk Talk Talk."
Ooc| You had a wonderful post Riven! 992 words I believe! Good job. And sorry for the wait!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Dust - 12-01-2013, 12:04 PM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Alina - 12-01-2013, 12:49 PM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Dust - 12-07-2013, 09:09 AM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Alina - 12-07-2013, 12:04 PM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Dust - 12-11-2013, 10:01 PM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Alina - 12-13-2013, 02:23 PM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Dust - 12-26-2013, 06:11 AM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Alina - 12-26-2013, 03:33 PM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Dust - 12-28-2013, 10:37 PM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Alina - 12-29-2013, 07:36 AM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Dust - 01-08-2014, 09:08 PM