the Rift

[OPEN] castle of glass

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Pleased smile was aimed in his fellow brother's direction as Vikram spoke in his deep, soothing voice, etching out plans in his lyrics. "That would be a great idea, but the earth-walkers would have to know the traps inside and out, to avoid ensnaring themselves. Maybe we could have them spar, train together, as if they were fighting one another in an invasion, next to the traps? A healer could be on hand, to help with the minor injuries, so that they know how to push one another into the position of the traps?" Musing softly, a light frown came to his face, knowing already he would not want the Acolytes in that kind of situation. Their harm would hurt him, but perhaps they could merely watch? Until they were old enough, at least. The full-fledged Protectors, and the various volunteers would be the only ones to battle. "Though I hadn't thought of dropping things from the air...what would you suggest for items? They would have to be easy to grasp," low rumble came from his throat, pondering over what various projectiles could be used by pegasi. After all it was not like they had a great range of grasp.

Their conversation had to be put on hold, however, as the two picked up pace to greet the trio. Kaj had only met Lace in passing, but there was something...off about the stallion. Kaj inwardly shrugged, taken in instead by the gentle bow of the crown of the sole dame as Lace assured they were guests, naming them quietly. His smile was warm and polite as he turned it upon her. "The pleasure, I assure you, is ours m'lady. We need some new faces and better spirits after the invasion." Not one for small talk, mostly because he was clueless on how it worked most times, he left it at that and tuned back in to the grullo. He was humbled by the compliments, though he was not sure if they were intended to be. Not that Lace's kindly tone lasted long, and in fact seemed to be rather disapproving when Kaj was shown to be unaware of a seeming rank change.

Jovial features melted into stoicism, like a barren tundra, and happily sparking blues became respectfully withdrawn. "My apologies. I will seek out Kahlua." It is terse, but not unkind. If Lace disapproved of his lack of knowledge, Kaj would atone, but not without some internal confusion. Had he really been so wrong? It didn't matter, this was how he normally was, when his day had not been so joyous. Lace likely wouldn't be able to tell the difference, if he happened to recall how Kaj acted during the previous herd meetings. Kaj would hold his tongue and cram his thoughts up into his head as he always did. There was simply nothing else he could do. Or, at least, nothing else he could do without ruining the life he had worked so hard to build. Clear glassy blue eyes only cut back towards Lace when he mentioned rank changes, and Mirage, and gave a soft, short hum in reply. His overly-pleasant mood had been crushed, and so he had reverted back to his normal attitude, thus retracting all words he was usually so sparse with otherwise.

Conversation continued without him, hints of familiarity and recognition in the eyes of the trio, and awe as the new duo gazed upon his brother in arms. Again, Kaj was overlooked, and he had resigned himself to continuing his patrol to muse over a few of the things that had struck him as odd, when he felt eyes upon him. It was the dame, though his interest dimmed in disappointment when her confusion was apparent as she began to speak. Had Lace not just said he was the leader of the warriors? But he gave her a reserved smile and began to speak softly to her in response. "You are not out of turn, m'lady. Becoming a warrior is relatively simple. Either Destrier, myself, or one of the trusted, experienced Protectors of the Edge spar you. They evaluate your skill, you are appointed, and begin climbing the ranks through diligent sparring and lessons." Though her claims as to being a woman confused him, and his pale brow was quickly knit. "A woman? M'lady, where I hailed from, it was the women who did battle, and the men who protected them when their spiritual energy ran low. Our Dragonheart, Mirage, is one of the finest fighters in all of the Edge. Your gender has nothing to do with your skill. We would be thrilled to have you among our ranks."

Cutting off, he went silent once more, having nothing else to say. The times he spoke so freely as before were few and far between. His attempt to let it flourish was only a further indication that his words were not valued, and that he should promptly shut his trap and go back to the ropes. His importance was restricted mostly to the power of his body. Destrier handled the words, the peace, the tasks...Kaj stared at his left wing, moving it lightly into position, and gave a heavy sigh at the strength apparent in the usually fragile limbs. Was that all he was worth? "If I am no longer needed...I should resume my duties." It was quiet, though loud enough for all aurals to catch, should they wish. Eyes turned to Lace and Vikram, then to Nyx and Nato. Once he had his answer, either verbal or physical, he would decide whether to leave or stay.

--
OOC: If nobody talks/questions/engages Kaj, just assume he leaves <3 he'll stick around if he is though!

KAJ
Everybody with your fists raised high-
Let me hear your battle cry

image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
castle of glass - by Nyx - 11-26-2013, 07:30 PM
RE: castle of glass - by Nato - 11-27-2013, 09:12 PM
RE: castle of glass - by Nyx - 12-03-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: castle of glass - by Nato - 12-05-2013, 04:20 AM
RE: castle of glass - by Nyx - 12-05-2013, 01:13 PM
RE: castle of glass - by Nato - 12-05-2013, 02:48 PM