the Rift

[OPEN] My Heart pounds [Lace, Any]

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
AFRICA
Diviner for Dragon's Throat

It was no lie that the beauty of Helovia’s blazing heart was mesmerizing; defying the imagination and terrifying the meek minded. From the air the region was a sight to behold and had suckered her on many occasions to ride upon swirling updraughts, caught in a web to circle and gaze; her wonder-filled eyes entranced by the bubbling magma and glittering landscape beneath. These days though, the dappled Oracle Africa trudged with primitive boundaries upon the soil which she had admired so many times, during a lifetime now lost. Although such travel was flanked by different perils, she was sound of mind and shrewd enough to calculate the risks throughout her endeavours- no longer was she foolish enough to throw herself into harm’s way.

Pools of pale gold glimmered with the reflection of the rogue, reaching tongues of flame when they burst from the pit- daring the proximity of the young Unicorn with greedy, hungry intent. The older mare had grown to respect the element of her mighty Lord, and even as she began to tremble for the safety of the gambolling child ahead, she could not help but wonder if he was there; watching over them, guiding them and holding them in his safe embrace. Although the Throat was his heartland, the pit of fire was naturally his element. Quietly she prayed to him as she ventured forward towards Cypress.

“Oh beautiful Father; please lay your hoof upon our shoulders while we dabble by the lake of fire. Let no harm befall us on this day.”

Africa smiled lightly, the sincerity and devotion of her worship filling her feeble heart with reassuring warmth; she trusted the Sun God, even more than the tread of her own mortal hoof. Silas followed the mare apprehensively; casting wary glowers across the oozing pit by the wayside as his beloved so bravely approached her small friend. Cypress called out in turn; her voice still as young and vigorous as her memory recalled and it pleased the Oracle deeply. She worried for the newest generations, rising into the clouds of grief and horror laid so carelessly by their predecessors- Africa tried as much as possible to leave only a positive print on the world; she wished not suffering and misfortune on those babes to follow in her footsteps.

“Hello sweet girl.” Her voice chimed delicately again, and she broke into a playful, cavorting trot to close the helpless distance which remained. As the grey pulled gently to a halt by the still slight, speckled brown filly’s location, a tender greeting was proffered by the reach of softly fluttering, blowing nostrils. “What’s been happening young traveller. Surely you must have stories to share.” Africa beamed, so delighted that their paths had been destined to cross once more- she believed in fate, and that she had little control over the path of her life. Quite spiritual had she grown since her appointment as the Diviner of her home, and she happily handed control to the Sun God whose wisdom was infinitely greater than her miserable self-will.

Messages In This Thread
My Heart pounds [Lace, Any] - by Cypress - 11-27-2013, 10:49 AM
RE: My Heart pounds [Lace, Any] - by Africa - 12-01-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: My Heart pounds [Lace, Any] - by Cypress - 12-11-2013, 09:32 PM
RE: My Heart pounds [Lace, Any] - by Africa - 12-15-2013, 07:39 PM
RE: My Heart pounds [Any] - by Cypress - 12-21-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: My Heart pounds [Lace, Any] - by Africa - 12-29-2013, 12:16 AM
RE: My Heart pounds [Lace, Any] - by Cypress - 12-31-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: My Heart pounds [Lace, Any] - by Africa - 01-05-2014, 09:11 PM
RE: My Heart pounds [Any] - by Cypress - 01-11-2014, 12:28 PM