the Rift

[OPEN] My Heart pounds [Lace, Any]

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
AFRICA
Diviner for Dragon's Throat

The query of the dappled Oracle was with pure intent and genuine interest. Always she sought the wild tales of gypsies and restless nomads alike to fill the pages of her legend books and fairytales. Although she could quite naturally concoct any number of frilly stories to fill the eager ears of the youth in her home, there was no better than those crafted by the wit of experience and drama of reality. Long coal rimed cups steadied themselves to focus upon the smaller girl, listening quietly while pastel yellow eyes sought to embrace the other’s bright gaze.

Though silent was the response, her animated face came to life, and the horn spiralling from the wave of growing russet forelock danced with the bounce of her young skull. Africa set herself in place by the waves of molten heat so close to the fire-pit, content to suffer the burden which was so very like the climate of her arid homeland. So close by the Throat, she found time now to spare and was keen to commit the hours of the afternoon to Cypress alone; with a quietly graceful enthusiasm, the Oracle looked forward to the tales to follow- perhaps more so than the young Unicorn filly could know.

“Firstly though,” She posed quickly, slipping the second thought into the conversation before her small friend could begin. “we should move from this burning lake, my feathers tremble at the sight of this flying embers!” Africa giggled gently like she had not for some time, and offered Cypress a cool sort of smile- a calm and comfortable gesture, before shrugging her shoulder and turning from the pit. As they parted from the danger, Silas clacked his beak most thankful for the wise decision, and came to rest once more with a gentle grip across his beloved’s rump.

Messages In This Thread
My Heart pounds [Lace, Any] - by Cypress - 11-27-2013, 10:49 AM
RE: My Heart pounds [Lace, Any] - by Africa - 12-01-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: My Heart pounds [Lace, Any] - by Cypress - 12-11-2013, 09:32 PM
RE: My Heart pounds [Lace, Any] - by Africa - 12-15-2013, 07:39 PM
RE: My Heart pounds [Any] - by Cypress - 12-21-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: My Heart pounds [Lace, Any] - by Africa - 12-29-2013, 12:16 AM
RE: My Heart pounds [Lace, Any] - by Cypress - 12-31-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: My Heart pounds [Lace, Any] - by Africa - 01-05-2014, 09:11 PM
RE: My Heart pounds [Any] - by Cypress - 01-11-2014, 12:28 PM