Sanity Is But a Mirage

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
A lone man loved by none:

How long can he live?

[[OOC: This will be short-ish since it's basically my turn to wrap this up. After this, you can request an admin make your status part of the Basin herd :D]]

The voice that continued to speak to him was certainly smooth and easy on the ears, but Torleik was not easily swayed by such things. A certain manner of detachment had settled inside, creating a disconnect between certain manners of seduction and his loins. Perhaps it was because of his recent past, or perhaps he had always been this way, but Torleik did not very much fancy the idea of females as objects for pleasure.

Simply nodding as Epona said it was a pleasure - she was sure - to be meeting him, he offered her a place within the Basin. Suspicion flagged her next words. Just the herd she was hoping for? Was she aware of the herds within Helovia already? Was this someone who had been here before and was returning? Was this a spy? Face utterly unchanged despite the thoughts inside, Torleik made no outward indication that he was any more wary of the mare than before. "A fair reason to choose a new home; my choice was made by motivations quite similar," he shared, honest, knowing that would be his normal response.

Torleik informed her that the Basin did not cotton to freeloaders and was amused at her somewhat offended response. "If that is so, you should be just fine within the Basin," he returned, intrigued by her choice of response. Was she so vehement about her qualities because they were true, or because she wanted him to believe they were true? Something slippery about this mare did not sit right with him and Torleik knew this was perhaps a calculated risk bringing her into his home. However...didn't everyone deserve a chance? A place to live?

"Follow me; I will show you to the Basin." The rune-horned stallion walked alongside Epona, leading her to the mouth of the Basin just north of the Threshold, the cold expanse spreading before them. This was to be her new home, then. Torleik let some of his worry slip aside. How many lived here, and he never saw them? She would find a place here and live her own life, as all the others did.

"Welcome home."

Credits: Image by Eagle
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Sanity Is But a Mirage - by Epona - 11-27-2013, 12:40 PM
RE: Sanity Is But a Mirage - by Torleik - 11-27-2013, 03:55 PM
RE: Sanity Is But a Mirage - by Epona - 11-27-2013, 11:38 PM
RE: Sanity Is But a Mirage - by Torleik - 12-01-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: Sanity Is But a Mirage - by Epona - 12-01-2013, 08:44 PM