the Rift

wanderlust

Feuille Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
n o t   a l l    w h o    w a n d e r   a r e    l o s t

She turned her head like wind, away from Solace. A wandering heart could not help but linger in places it shouldn't be, and her daunting eyelashes obscured the orange pain in her eye. She felt love even in the absence of others. It wasn't a love that could stay, sure enough, and complexity riled her shallow-willed intentions. Her thoughts ambled on, tumbling through beaten, summer grasses, scorched by midday travels. She felt so suddenly distant and lone as if she was a wolf riddled with mange.

But a simple voice spilled over Solace's tongue, and they burned through her ambling mind to stop the happening insecurity. Feuille's head lifted and her orange eyes picked up, rustling like a leaf hapless to Solace's invitations. “If you have any questions about this land, I’d be willing to answer them all.” And she did have questions to raise, but she knew not which ones to ask.

Then the green-maned stallion spoke of herd life. Feuille remembered herd life, but perhaps this was a different kind that lacked tension and immaculate behavior. Perhaps this place was about freedom.

"Oh Solace... I don't know where to start. It feels like my brain has suddenly been blow dry of knowledge, like everything I knew is gone..." She spoke with a mumbling timbre, "but what is the Windtossed Foothills like? It has a beautiful name."

And as soon as her lips dropped delicate words, her ears heard something emerge from tall shadows. Her gaze turned, squinting from the dark, looking out into the green dusk. She saw a stout stallion, graced with a pale hide that was a bed for many sleepy scars. She saw thick muscles wrapping him together, and teal eyes, pulsing with all the vitality of a flame. Below his left eye she saw where the flame had bitten him, a desperate reminder of mortality. Feuille had greeting ears, she flicked her tail in natural acknowledgement. But this boy halted and, with his heated eyes, stared - for an uncomfortably long time. There was no head-dipping, like she had received from Solace, but a long, unbreakable focus, that hopefully was a good thing.

But the more she hoped, the less likely it seemed, as a docile-eyed dog emerged behind him from the brush. The staring intensified, until she looked away from him.

“Ricochet the Incendiary, and the dog here is Guns. And I bet I can give you better than what he offers- and more, if you’re looking for a bit of extra.”

It was difficult to say if the staring truly was a good thing because she felt more and more uncomfortable in his presence as the seconds ticked away. Especially as his voice hit the air, with an all business smack until a wicked, sultry tone kicked in at the end. She felt minimally disguested, but intrigued to hear what he had to say. She could almost assume he was comical, swaggering upon them the way he was. But when Guns showed up, she knew something was stirring up from the dust.

Frankly, she had absolutely no idea what to say. She glanced discretely to Solace, and returned to Ricochet, wondering how serious he was about the extra. He didn't exactly look like he was willing to crack out jokes. But something diplomatic caught the breeze in Feuille and she only flicked a golden-ringed ear.

"Hello Ricochet. My name is Feuille and I am only looking to know what Helovia is like. I have a feeling my decisions will act upon what you can tell me about this place." She smiled, one of those hopeful smiles.

(Sorry about the wait, and this post :( School has certainly kept me busy.)
join the dots @ flikr

Messages In This Thread
wanderlust - by Feuille - 11-27-2013, 07:54 PM
RE: wanderlust - by Solace - 11-29-2013, 01:52 AM
RE: wanderlust - by Feuille - 11-29-2013, 12:41 PM
RE: wanderlust - by Solace - 11-29-2013, 05:27 PM
RE: wanderlust - by Ricochet - 11-29-2013, 10:06 PM