the Rift

[OPEN] An empty shell

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
If the girl expected a cheery, exuberant welcome upon reuniting with Apodis (and she did), she was sorely disappointed. She laid her neck over his back and he did nothing. She talked, he stared. He was like a statue, frozen in the dusk, watching as the last lights of his life slipped down over the horizon. The effect was chilling, and the overo girl frowned in confusion. What had happened to her warrior while they were apart? Had something damaged him, was it magic that held him in place so? At least some of her fears were finally allayed when he moved to touch his nose to her own and spoke. But even his voice was not the one she knew. He had been a chivalrous knight at first, then a valiant warrior. What was he now, but a shadow of his former glory? His quiet manner made her sad, her frown never returning to a smile, simply settling on her face in a thin line of confusion and pout.

“I'm here to feel closer to the lady Moon,” she said finally, honest as ever. “I was attacked here once, by a monstrous stallion...” she trailed off, shuddering as she remembered Ricochet. “But then I found this necklace here later,” she touched her nose to her plum colored gem. Apodis would not have seen it before. “It was a gift from the lady Moon, I just know it. I like to come here from time to time,” she finished up, her story probably longer than it needed to be given the situation. She just didn't know how to stop.

But if the stallion was trying to hide his depression, he was not doing very well. Even Kahlua, such a miserable failure at knowing when others were lying or telling the truth, could see the the warrior was not himself. She prodded, if somewhat gently, at him with her words, trying to break him from his shell. “What's wrong? You're so much different than I remember you.” The poor thing. She was so blunt, but not because she wished to be cruel. She just didn't know how else to make her opinion known. At least she was trying. Stepping forward, she tried to nudge at his neck again, to get him to perk up. She wasn't a counselor and she was sorely miserable at such things (evidenced by the fact that she had failed to prevent a fight between Illynx and Apodis), but she didn't know what to do besides help a friend. It was the least she could do, after he saved her life the way he did.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
An empty shell - by Apodis - 11-27-2013, 07:54 PM
RE: An empty shell - by Kahlua - 11-29-2013, 09:17 PM
RE: An empty shell - by Apodis - 12-03-2013, 05:30 PM
RE: An empty shell - by Apodis - 12-07-2013, 08:42 PM
RE: An empty shell - by Apodis - 12-16-2013, 08:13 PM
RE: An empty shell - by Apodis - 01-05-2014, 08:51 AM
RE: An empty shell - by Apodis - 01-06-2014, 06:42 PM
RE: An empty shell - by Kahlua - 12-06-2013, 06:07 PM
RE: An empty shell - by Kahlua - 12-14-2013, 02:21 PM
RE: An empty shell - by Kahlua - 12-18-2013, 12:55 PM