the Rift

[OPEN] An empty shell

Apodis Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Eaglecry

Apodis

I've become much too good at being invincible, I'm an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool
But I swear this isn't who I'm meant to be, I refuse to let my life roll all over me...

The golden boy gave her a gentle smile as he lowered himself to the ground. He'd never really told others about his past life or things that he had come across, But the little painted mare just seemed too excited to not hear about his happenings throughout his long life. If she expected him to be that warrior everyone perceived of him, she would be corrected, for not all stories have a happy ending.
Settling himself, so that he could lay down for a while, without becoming uncomfortable. He reached out towards her. "let's start at how I got here first, my journey before Helovia" He shifted slightly, coffee stained nose shot up into the turning sky. Soon to be littered with a thousand tiny balls of fire. Stars.
He dropped his gaze down as he began to speak. "You may know of the mare Rasta. She too is part of the Throat, we both lived in a land called Forma Silvestris. It was a place far like this one. A long distance away on another side of this planet. I was part of her herd, her body guard. But terrible things swept over the lands, I ran." he looked away from her for a brief moment. He was not as brave as he wanted to be. He always ran away when times were just too intense, too afraid of becoming like the one whom trained him to be a robot among many. They were beaten and sent upon quests many never returned from. Apodis was different to the rest, he was too independent to let others train his mind and he fled upon a solo mission, never to return. Now always on the run.
The stag let out a breath, a sigh of sorts. He was not happy with himself. "Anyway, I left her, possibly for dead. Not knowing if I'd ever see my Pale queen again. I was too afraid to stay. I broke a promise, a connection we had. I didn't just become her body guard. I pledged my life to her, to protect her in every way, to even die for her life. But I ran away"
He glanced at her briefly then looked out towards the sky. "I'm not much of the warrior you think of me Kahlua." He used her name in full. Getting to his feet he stood and took a couple steps forward, out into the brisk wind. The sheer, cold temperature of it, was like a slap round the face. But one he took with pride. "Bad things seem to happen to me Kahlua. Look what happened in the meadow. We were attacked. where ever I go, I seem to leave a trail of destruction and death. You should just leave me be. It's not safe." The stag turned only his head back towards her. "I'd rather know you were safe when not with me, than risk your life. I'm a bad luck charm Lua." he dropped his gaze and looked back out across the mountain range. It was that time again. "I have to leave Lua, it's not safe"

OOC: OMG i cant even ;_; i cried :(
"Talk Talk Talk"

image credits
table by whit

[/quote]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]64HP
[Image: 52878c6669a55]
Lines by bronzehalo

Messages In This Thread
An empty shell - by Apodis - 11-27-2013, 07:54 PM
RE: An empty shell - by Kahlua - 11-29-2013, 09:17 PM
RE: An empty shell - by Apodis - 12-03-2013, 05:30 PM