the Rift

[OPEN] An empty shell

Apodis Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Eaglecry

Apodis

I've become much too good at being invincible, I'm an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool
But I swear this isn't who I'm meant to be, I refuse to let my life roll all over me...

The mare was making all too hard for him to tell his story, the way she hugged close to him. It didn't bother him in a bad way, it just made him want to curl up under the stars and lay their silently with her. The way she was with him, made a flutter in his chest. A nose to his neck, caused his eyes to close gently. But he just carried on with his story as best he could.
So when he had gotten to his feet, he had half expected her to follow him. Though what he was not expecting was her to throw herself at him. even if it was just her neck draped over him, it cause his balance to falter sideways. He allowed her to pull him closer, a warmth growing inside of him. If he had intended to push her away, it had indeed done the opposite. I would be dead without you. You didn't endanger me, you saved me. she was right, as much as it pained him to agree. The painted mare was indefinitely correct. If he had not been with her that day, she may have ended up as Unicorn chow. And then he'd never be able to live with himself. But he had put her in danger when he chose to fight the horned one. "That's just a coincidence in few. It may not always be so easy. I just can't risk your life" he couldn't even bare himself to look at her in that moment, Too afraid to show an emotion he hid from hind sight. But as he felt her moving from him, he looked back, into those large blue pools of hers. Such innocence did they glow with, it almost broke his heart in two. "Yes, Rasta is safe, but that does not change the fact I ran from her in the first place. To me a broken promise is like taking a life."
The way she said his name, her voice so soft and gentle, she was even smiling. It broke him apart. If a horse could cry, the guy would have shed a single manly tear, or a many few others at that point. Closing the distance, between them, he flicked his tail gently, letting his silken strands caress her, reaching out towards her with his nose. "I will never not be your friend Lua. I will always he there for you. I just need to take another journey, before I know its safe to be with me. I can't risk them finding you Lua, they will not save your life and it will not be pleasant either" he gently nuzzled her, then walked further up the hill, only to come back with a purple flower gripped within his incisors. He reached out towards her, offering the flower as a token, if she let him, he would place it into her mane, something to remind her of him, this exact night. As much as he wanted to stay, He had to leave. But that wasn't forever. Leaving her forever would be in death only.

"Talk Talk Talk"

image credits
table by whit
[Image: 525f791c057b6]64HP
[Image: 52878c6669a55]
Lines by bronzehalo

Messages In This Thread
An empty shell - by Apodis - 11-27-2013, 07:54 PM
RE: An empty shell - by Kahlua - 11-29-2013, 09:17 PM
RE: An empty shell - by Apodis - 12-03-2013, 05:30 PM
RE: An empty shell - by Apodis - 12-07-2013, 08:42 PM
RE: An empty shell - by Apodis - 12-16-2013, 08:13 PM