the Rift

A Lost Star

Avarielle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Avarielle filled with warmth at hearing her friend say that there were still lamp trees. The trees looked as if the stars themselves had came down to rest upon their gently swaying branches. They left her imagination to run wild at the possibilities of the new strange things she may encounter in Helovia.

But she wondered where the sun had gone for all of that time. A soft smile formed itself on her lips, maybe the sun had gone into the night to be with the other stars. She had always thought it must be lonely to be the sun.

Kahlua was a spring of energy that overflowed in her obvious zest for life. Avarielle smiled at seeing the animated mare tell of her accomplishments. The curiosity in her mounted as she listened to Kahlua speak of building a wall.

Walls have two uses. To keep its occupants prisoners preventing escape; or to guard the lives of those nestled inside. Avarielle had a mix of emotions delicately dancing together as she watched Kahlua, happiness for her friend and worry. Kahlua was not one that would have any ill will towards others. She felt her blood chill at the option that was left to explain the wall. What was being kept out?

The Shire shook herself as the steely emotion of protectiveness tensed her body.

Avarielle calmed herself for a moment and reminded herself that she was far from her former life. The wall could simply be an extra safety buffer, a "just in case".

It was in those few moments the mare realized that along with all of the excitement and hope for the future she had found in this land she had also found herself feeling anxious for the unknown.

"And you! What happened, why were you gone? Was it something we did?"

Avarielle winced at her friend's question it was upsetting to think that the ones who had welcomed her so wholeheartedly might feel as if they had done something wrong.

"No! You had nothing to do with it." She tried thinking back to what had happened. "I don't remember why I left.." The mare wrinkled her brow in confusion, she remembered waking up but she had woken to such strange circumstances. If she told Kahlua about how she woke up surely she would be thought to be insane. What would her life be like now if nothing would have happened and she had gone right into The Edge?

"Will you return to us? I can welcome you now."

Avarielle's heart skipped a beat and restarted itself racing. "Really? Could we go now? You'll just welcome me again? Even after I.." she realized she didn't know what to say, "after what happened? Oh Kahlua I am so excited! I want to see your wall, I want to meet everyone."

All of her darker thoughts were whisked away with the lightness she felt at knowing she had somewhere to go. She hadn't had a home in years. Maybe this would be it.

Messages In This Thread
A Lost Star - by Avarielle - 11-29-2013, 12:19 AM
RE: A Lost Star - by Kahlua - 11-29-2013, 12:55 AM
RE: A Lost Star - by Kahlua - 12-06-2013, 03:58 PM