the Rift

[OPEN] Two stars shine brighter (Vanity, Any)

Vanity Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: vanity_by_lainey_lou-d6voni2.jpg]

I had never belonged before and now i was part of a strong herd of pegasi that could protect me, a smile appears just at the thought. I was sad to see Solace depart but with Africa still at my side I have never been more excited to travel somewhere new. When the elegant gray mare begins walking I am slightly confused for a moment when suddenly I remember, she can't fly. Really after a moments talk I don't think walking with bug me because then I can see everything up close instead of from above and I will be able to talk with my new friend longer. One of my ears swivels in all different directions but one stays on Africa, my new mentor. How lovely it is to think about having someone to teach me things about life, someone who has obviously been through a lot, like me Africa has dealt with pain from her past as her physical condition explains but she is kinder than anyone I have ever met.
A long the way to the Dragon's Throat Africa points out everything as we travel farther south and the climate gets warmer, I listen intently, absorbing as much information as I can. My legs have begun to ache a bit and my wings itch to be stretched but I continue to listen and take in everything the one winged Pegasus has to say, everything here is so interesting. The vegetation, the terrain, and even the little animals that run about all over the place cause me too giggle with utter glee, I have never been this happy. The pit of fear and anxiety has not bothered me since we left the Threshold and for once I relax and live a little bit.
When the sun had begun to lower itself from the sky we reached the desert, the sand was red and the scent of salt was in the air meaning the ocean was nearby. Boy was it hot here, even with the sun down the earth baked and a dribble of sweat swam down my delicate face. When Africa turns her head towards me, I lift my eyes and my ears stiffen in her direction as she explains we are home, while she continues trekking forward. My stomach flutters slightly at the thought and my turquoise eyes travel the horizon, an oasis is there, palms grow from the sandy earth and a glistening lake lies in the center of it all. How beautiful it was. Suddenly my stomach lets out a low growl reminding me I'm hungry and my throat burns from dehydration, but we are almost there, almost home.
Unaware of how rude I am being when I let out a glee filled whinny and kick up the red sand behind me as a break into a gallop. I let all my weight onto my haunches and explode from the sand, kicking up my heels like a playful foal, I am so happy. Happy to have a new friend, a new life, a new home. Suddenly I remember my mentor who is now behind me and turn with an embarrassed look upon my face. My wings are stretched out as far as they can go, my forelock is now sitting behind my ears showing Africa my gorgeous eyes and there right in the center is a twinkle. A twinkle of pure joy and thankfulness, thankful for her and everything she has done for me, for showing me this wonderful world and bringing me here to my new home. I fold my powerful wings cleanly across my flank and trot towards her and stop only a foot or two away from her before I open my mouth to say with a grin across my lips.
"Lets play."

"blah blah blah."

put a neato quote or lyric here

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two stars shine brighter (Vanity, Any) - by Vanity - 11-29-2013, 12:26 AM
RE: Two stars shine brighter (Vanity, Any) - by Vanity - 11-29-2013, 04:57 PM