the Rift

[OPEN] Two stars shine brighter (Vanity, Any)

Vanity Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: vanity_by_lainey_lou-d6voni2.jpg]

My heart flutters inside my chest when my gray coated friend explodes from the red earth and canters away from me towards the lush oasis in the distance. I watch her with a grin across my gleeful features, she kicks up her heels carelessly. Putting all my weight upon my hind legs I rear mightily my front legs attacking the air, then rip from the sand sending a plume of red dust into the air behind me. I stay a ways behind Africa until she crashes through the vegetation of the oasis before I stretch my wings out and it's as if they hum with power, I long for the sky and then my body takes over. With a twisting leap into the air and a powerful flap of the feathered muscles I am in the air, I watch Africa below and I wish dearly she could be up here with me. I wonder for a fleeting moment how long it's been since she felt the air weave through her feathers or how long it's been since she could stretch out her wings and leap from the earth in one graceful motion to join me in the heavens above.
When she plunges into the sparkling blue water below I fly directly over the lake only about ten feet above the refreshing water, then I stop flapping my wings and let myself drop rear end first, I let out a gleeful screech as I fall into the water. Waves of water have erupted around me as my weight was dropped into the water, the water stirs unhappily but I have never had so much fun in my young life. Using my wings along with my legs I paddle the water towards my new mentor a bit ashamed for flying when she can't leave the ground, when I reach the shallower water I shake my body of the droplets that fall from my golden coat. My long mane is soaking and hangs down from my head like a shaggy canine, I feel much better after the long trek here, especially since I have stretched my wings, they had ached all day and finally they were content but unfortunately my feathers were damp and I couldn't fly at the moment.
"Do you not wish you had your wings back?" I ask genuinely, not to be rude just me being curious. I lower my delicate face to the water and suck in the refreshing water with large gulps, now that I have drank my stomach growls again begging to be fed.
" So this is my new home? How lovely I think I will like it here but I can't wait to meet everyone! Also what is my duty here? Will I be with you for most of the day because that would be lovely!" I ask my new friend this excitedly, I truly am excited to have a new home and a new friend.

"blah blah blah."

put a neato quote or lyric here

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two stars shine brighter (Vanity, Any) - by Vanity - 11-29-2013, 12:26 AM
RE: Two stars shine brighter (Vanity, Any) - by Vanity - 11-29-2013, 04:57 PM