the Rift

[OPEN] Report to Base [Crake Welcome]

Crake Posts: 19
Deceased
Colt :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 1 year
Sarah
Unpleasant terms with the other herds? Gotta be careful where you walk and what you say? What had Crake got himself into. Okay, he was pretty curious though – he liked the idea that he had at least found a safe place here in the Basin. The members could treat everyone else like shit but if they thought he was a-okay because he had a horn then hey, little effort required on his part – fantastic.

And then of course there was the matter of the “Time God”. Well that just sounded ridiculous. Crake had never heard of gods before and he was debating whether he even wanted to ask about them right now. Demons, sure – fanciful creatures with scales and antlers and fins and glowing hides – perfect, wonderful. But Gods? Or were they just funky little creatures with a little sparkle of magic that wanted everyone to bow to them? Clearly Ruby here had fully digested whatever the tale was.

Okay “clearly” was an exaggeration. All Ruby did was mention it but Crake wasn’t above making assumptions. It made things a lot easier – no hassle required! Make up your mind with minimal information and BAM you’ve got a lot of free time on your hands.

But while he was vaguely curious about what the hell a Time God was, it was the next words from Ruby that really got the white and purple colt’s attention. He straightened up a little bit and looked at his funny little friend with an incredulous look and he replied obnoxiously. “What the hell do you mean ‘what are you going to do now’?! How should I know? I’m in a strange place within a strange land and with an even stranger colt. Well actually you’re not all that strange just nice and that’s weird. But maybe you’ve got some actual interesting stuff lurking.” Okay that was a mess. First he got too worked up and now he was getting side tracked.

Inhaling deeply, as though this whole endeavour was putting an incredible amount of strain on his rather small brain, he answered the question a little bit closer to how it probably should have been answered in the first place.

Remember, Crake, gotta be pleasant…ish. You’re little and new and purple and all of those combined make you stick out like a cabbage in a bathtub.

Dusty purple eyes drift from his company to the land around them. Couldn’t hurt to get acquainted with it, right? He could do that. “But I guess I’ll go explore. So, uh, thanks for the home, bud. If you could just point me into the direction of something worth seeing that would be just fantastic.” He’d get to –insertinterestingthinghere- eventually he was sure but for the moment he might as well take advantage of his company as much as he could.

Maybe he and Ruby could be friends but if their friendship was hinged on this first meeting it could probably said it wasn’t going well. Crake ran hot and cold and Ruby was actually a decent guy.

Oh goody, snaps for Ruby. Whatever, I’m adjusting.
Crake
Image Credit
table by sevin <3

Messages In This Thread
Report to Base [Crake Welcome] - by Sacre - 11-28-2013, 08:57 PM
RE: Report to Base [Crake Welcome] - by Crake - 12-10-2013, 12:08 AM
RE: Report to Base [Crake Welcome] - by Sacre - 12-19-2013, 11:41 AM
RE: Report to Base [Crake Welcome] - by Crake - 12-29-2013, 10:42 PM