the Rift

[OPEN] Water's sweet but blood is Thicker [Birth]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>

Fina prepares to mount heaven, her wings lift toward the sky. I sigh deeply as she leaves—sparing a glance at the sobbing fool that stood by and the stout heart child who had risen. Before anything more could be done or said a shimmering shape comes into view. My gaze snaps up and narrows toward said stranger—another unicorn. Female and obviously still very much a filly given her delicate frame that hadn’t yet emerged into full adolescence. She approached and it took every ounce of willpower to not snap at her, that was until magic words slipped from those innocent lips. Healing. The child possessed some measurable skill to be offering up her talents, a deep sigh lifted from my throat, but it wasn’t one of disgust—more of relief. “Aye,” I said loudly, visibly relaxing into the dirt against the chilled mare who lay lax in desert soil.

Onni arrived quickly after, her speed a welcoming boon. As she landed my body rose from the ground, shifting to fall aside and give the two menders ample room. Though I lingered, keeping watch over the child and yon stallion that Onni seemed to know and be mostly unconcerned about. I could have very nearly rolled my eyes toward skull had the moment been less desperate—of course this gentle healer would know some random fool who pranced into our land.

She restored Shadow. After a few minutes the Sleuth appeared well enough to rise, I held back. Thankful that the danger had passed; when she touches the babe, I watch with a pricking heart with what tenderness passes between mother and child. Gaze shifts from them to the side as she moves to thank myself and our heavenly healer who always seemed to arrive in the nick of time. “Ye is welcome.” My voice is soft, quiet enough to be a whisper. Her blood dries upon my legs and I can think of nothing else to add. Shadow had been with child this whole time…did she not trust me enough to understand such valuable and precious information? “A fine name, he will grow strong.” I said finally.

There isn’t a waver in my tone now, and the sliver of a smile that breaks through the murk on my façade is genuine, effectively hiding the rich cut of betrayal that had been inflected. Unflinchingly I turn then toward the one they called Carnesir, “Ye has permission to remain within Dragon’s Throat for a night, but unless ye plans on turning from yon clan in the mountains…. leave this place before dawn the following morning.” At this moment it didn’t matter if they were a mated pair, he was a trespasser, and a warrior from the enemy by the stench—despite this occasion, he wasn't welcome on my land. “I shan’t have to tell of the consequences should ye decide to remain without breaking previous bonds…”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Water's sweet but blood is Thicker [Birth] - by Midas - 01-18-2014, 11:59 PM