the Rift

[OPEN] I'm not the child you once knew

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
AFRICA
Diviner for Dragon's Throat

It was not the first time that she had ventured into the far west of Helovia where golden beach stretched for miles up and down the coast; she had been there countless times before. Most recently, Africa and Silas had trailed curiously the romantic pursuit of an infatuated stag after a stubborn, fleet-footed white tailed doe. Her energy never seemed to diminish, and he; driven by lust and fuelled by a hot stew of writhing testosterone, chased tirelessly. For Silas, matching the duo’s pace while maintaining distance enough not to startle them was fairly easy-going.
But Africa had not the same advantage, her hooves bound to the loam by weight and gravity. After leaving the meadow behind, she had struggled to keep the party in view and quickly the one-winged mare had slipped far behind. Glumly, she had stumbled from the woody tree line and out across the silky white-gold sands of the Endless Blue beach- and there to her amazement, the Lord of the Earth had been poised atop a rugged cliff top, conducting no less, a harmony of the frothing sea, the earth; the whispering wind and the tossing trees through which she had only just passed. It had been an astonishing sight to behold, and one which would remain with her for many moons to come.

With Silas clinging tightly to the silken cloak whose light weight sagged across her sharp withers and dipped back, Africa emerged again through the predominantly tropical forest bridging the east from the west. No stallion was positioned by the skyline this time round- her eyes sought him hopefully, willing his dignified form forward boldly. It was not to be though, such was the grace and mysteriousness of their Deities, and she stepped forward regardless slipping instantly into the yielding sands.
Quietly perceptive eyes traced the form of another Pegasus some distance away, basking beneath the flood of warm sunlight; sprawled idly across the ground. Through fluttering nostrils she considered whether she might approach- if it was worth disturbing the other for the chance of striking up conversation. Of course she could not hold back, and within moments her long, lithe legs had covered much of the space remaining.

As she drew nearer, steps silent; muffled easily by the soft substrate, Africa noticed that the mare was not unfamiliar- in fact, she was one that had been granted a home upon meeting in the Threshold. She was Aurelia…
She lingered on the spot, hesitating, unsure whether their reuniting would be worth the effort and emotion- for she had already indulged the girl with so much of her own. For many weeks disappointment had torn her heart. Africa could not fathom why the gold-flecked Pegasus had simply abandoned the gift of kindness she had bestowed upon her; abused the trust and care invested.
Clenching her teeth, the dappled Oracle stepped forward and whispered into the mild breeze as it washed towards the younger horse, “Aurelia?” She forced the bitterness and sour resentment from her voice and buried the emotion lapping through her mind as far down as she could manage. Silas shifted restlessly where he was perched, uncomfortable while Africa’s heart throbbed with anguish. “Where have you been?”

(ooc: of course we have time for you <3 this was a good idea :)
@[Aurelia])

Messages In This Thread
I'm not the child you once knew - by Aurelia - 12-02-2013, 03:12 AM
RE: I'm not the child you once knew - by Africa - 12-02-2013, 05:31 PM
RE: I'm not the child you once knew - by Aurelia - 12-02-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: I'm not the child you once knew - by Africa - 12-02-2013, 09:45 PM
RE: I'm not the child you once knew - by Africa - 12-03-2013, 12:58 AM
RE: I'm not the child you once knew - by Aurelia - 12-08-2013, 09:12 PM
RE: I'm not the child you once knew - by Africa - 12-12-2013, 11:15 PM