the Rift

[OPEN] I'm not the child you once knew

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
AFRICA
Diviner for Dragon's Throat

Although her tongue had been soured by many disappointments; her gentle heart pricked with the bitter pang of rejection, Africa held a mild almost indifferent composure. She could not fault the girl before her- the determination, the fierce desire for independence, though the young dapple grey found the flimsy attempt to explain difficult to understand; to accept. The roar of crashing surf was a welcome respite while the silence of building, stewing thoughts tangled feebly between their bodies; filling the air with ridged tension and disharmony that held Africa uncomfortably. She focused squarely on the churning wave, closing pale eyes while those few moments were left empty. She thought of the Sun God, his vast wingspan wielding the harmony of all that stood around them and found the energy to smile internally. Apart from the grim reality of the crumbling friendship which lay now, in pieces across the sand by her hooves.

Aurelia spoke and the sound of her voice was as alien to the Oracle as the distance growing behind it. The words were devoid of the love and excitement which had not so long ago bubbled from her smiling lips. Now she spoke with eloquence beyond her years and a formality that Africa found difficult to relate to- it had not always been so. The older Pegasus nodded quietly as her gaze lifted towards the curling, speaking lips.
To her there seemed no sincerity; she felt no sincerity- couldn’t possibly believe that which was sent perhaps as a comfort, to grace the lean of her motionless ears, now there was only the stark emptiness of two strangers united. She smiled appropriately, but not because she was touched or warmed in any sense- they were both speaking, it seemed, that which seemed proper (regardless of the truth of their simmering resentment and discontent); because it seemed like a nice way to conclude the nothingness of their relationship.

The girl came to nuzzle Africa, and the one-winged mare returned the gesture humbly.

It was probably for the better that the meeting should end so soon; it was a grave situation, almost as awkward and pointless as her encounter with Vulture in the forest only days before. There seemed to be the same futility lingering in the salty beach air this day, and it made Africa’s sensitive stomach turn. Aurelia mentioned too that she hoped they would meet again, but the grey could not agree- she nodded rightfully and offered somewhat of a pained smile, but wished ultimately that their paths would never cross again. Certainly she would avoid this coast for a good amount of time; this being the place they had stumbled into each other lastly.

As the pale gold-tinged mare turned Africa sighed, a great weight slipping with the seconds, from her quivering shoulders. Aurelia did not look back, and she was glad. Although she stood in the same place for a long while, gazing after the soon vanished path of the other, she could find no other sentiment but liberation- and quickly endeavoured to shed caked crust of frustration from her heart.

Messages In This Thread
I'm not the child you once knew - by Aurelia - 12-02-2013, 03:12 AM
RE: I'm not the child you once knew - by Africa - 12-02-2013, 05:31 PM
RE: I'm not the child you once knew - by Aurelia - 12-02-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: I'm not the child you once knew - by Africa - 12-02-2013, 09:45 PM
RE: I'm not the child you once knew - by Africa - 12-03-2013, 12:58 AM
RE: I'm not the child you once knew - by Aurelia - 12-08-2013, 09:12 PM
RE: I'm not the child you once knew - by Africa - 12-12-2013, 11:15 PM