the Rift

[OPEN] >> into the valley of death

Jorogumo Posts: 70
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 2 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Selkie

Jorogumo

Throw along youngest stare arms reclaim stars unnamed.

Jorogumo listened to the warning of the white one, and then she laughed. Did this mare see her as some joke!? If the white one, with far too many horns found her a joke, what was to stop her brother? Well then, the dark filly would just have to prove what she was capable of. Perhaps her feelings toward the stallion were correct, but she wouldn’t let this adult see her fear. “So do spiders, and I don’t fear them, in fact, I find their company pleasant.” She said simply. What was that even supposed to mean? Whenever her mother had spoken to her in riddles it only left her frustrated, and it appeared she was taking on the habit as well. The spider child felt her stomach twist and turn in disgust at herself. How could she take after that creature that abandoned her? Few things were worse than becoming what her mother was. To be like Yuki-Onna would be Jorogumo’s worst nightmare. These two most likely didn’t know what it felt like to be rejected, especially since they had each other. Siblings that loved and cared for one another. Again her stomach twisted and turned, she wanted to destroy what they had, take it for her own. What right did the white mare have to be loved? These adults of course wouldn’t be able to see all the internal jealousy, strife, and something that resembled almost hatred. The child kept it all contained, and it simply manifested itself within the blankest and most apathetic of stares. If she was a joke to them, they wouldn’t get to see her heart. In that moment, she came to the realization, no one had any right to see her heart if they would laugh at her. Huh, maybe adults did teach her things, even if they had no intention of doing so.

Her eyes rested on the stallion until the mare spoke again. Jorogumo turned her gaze from him and back on the mare. The mentioning of her eyes made her feel almost defensive. First the white one laughed and now it appeared she had the gall to insult her. “Are they?” She said, unsure of how to react to the mare’s words. "I find them to be quite useful."

The dark stallion asked for her name, the tone about as apathetic as her expression. She simply shrugged, and just to see how these adults would react, she would give them her true name. “In my mother's tongue, my name is Whore Spider.” The filly had come to believe whore meant black, which made sense within her mind. Before she gave them her true title, she let that hang in the air for a very long moment. Oh how she looked forward to seeing their reactions, little did this child know of the connotations, she simply believed it to be an almost hilariously literal name. “Within my father’s tongue, it is Jorogumo, which is what I am called.” She almost added how little she cared for his own name, but disrespect was unwise with the potential of either of these unicorns to being rulers. Obviously the mare couldn’t be one of power, Jorogumo told herself, Kisaki is the one that rules this place. Not this mare that has too many horns.

"blah blah blah."

Image Credits

Icon by Bronzehalo

Messages In This Thread
>> into the valley of death - by Zuriel - 12-02-2013, 06:40 AM
RE: >> into the valley of death - by Deimos - 12-08-2013, 10:22 AM
RE: >> into the valley of death - by Jorogumo - 12-08-2013, 02:47 PM
RE: >> into the valley of death - by Zuriel - 12-15-2013, 04:37 AM
RE: >> into the valley of death - by Deimos - 12-15-2013, 02:11 PM
RE: >> into the valley of death - by Jorogumo - 12-15-2013, 07:28 PM