the Rift

[PRIVATE] For a cause (Leaders from foothills, edge, asylum.)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

My words rolled over the distant hills into the empty air, somewhere a frosted flock of wild snow geese took wing from the field which they had bedded. Their shining wings would carry them toward warm southern isles as cool times settled on Helovia, I watched them with vacant eyes that couldn’t hardly stand to be in the moment as each bird vanished from sight. A separate sound caught my attention, like the heartbeat of a drum or the stomping of feet in the noonday dust before battle. Guacho, ebony head swung round to greet my favorite kinsman with a careful but equally warm smile. He touchs earth with a nimble delicacy that makes me feel a tad bit jealous—my colead offers only a report. To which I return with a halfgrin, though my eyes shine with a sort of brotherly affection for our brethren, “Yar, tis good.”

Ivory strands flick across my hocks in small twitches, aside from its hypnotic motion my frame is held stone still. The first to arrive were our closest ties, elders from the Northern hills. A company that consisted of two mares, one flecked with gold and a blessing from yon moon slipping across her hide, the other a simple looking lass, and lastly a sturdy stallion with a pelt of tarnished silver that had been marked by war and our patron god. It is quickly noted that the dragonheart is not among them.

Said stud comes forward first with a pleasant expression and words of introduction, I offer each a smile in turn and reply, “Greetings and welcome.” I didn’t get to fall into a lapse of introduction just yet, a dark figure had emerged from the meadow seemingly born from shadows. A brilliant dragon trailed behind, no other could be mistaken—her pelt was a hue deeper than pitch night. I recognized the woman instantly and dipped my head toward chest with a respectful sigh, “Tis an honor to finally meet ye, Mirage.”

Folk from the swamp came second—their young leader Seele heading from the meadow first. I glanced up as she arrived, “Seele, good of ye to come. And nay, no trouble yet—though they are foremost in today’s topic.” Their kin was quick to arrive, not moments later a small troop followed the dark unicorn. An amber mare with narrowed brim and bright blue eyes, she came and stood by Seele. My attention was drawn immediately as she introduced those that stood silently by. Her question was met with a nod, though my gaze flicked toward the meadow—silently urging Apollo and his family over yon hills.

They would either show or not. “There is yet one group still absent…but we can begin now.” Spine stiffened and wings curled tighter against my barrel, “I have called ye here to strengthen our ties and offer a suggestion for those who have no land to truly call home.” A pause for breath, , “Mirage, Lace—thee and your family have been our allies during the darkest of times. Kri has vanished from our homeland, I and Guacho stand as Sultans over Dragon’s Throat. We would like to retain this friendship for many generations to come."

There is surprisingly no waver in my tone, only gentle assurance and a familiar strength that seemed to find nourishment from trying situations, “I renew our vows and pledge our warriors as it has been done for many a season before.” Me and Guacho had discussed this meeting, and the topics that would arise—still my gaze slipped to the mountain of a man who stood close by on the chance that he had something to add.

“Seele, your family has come when we called for aid during the last invasion. I thankee on behalf of my kin and pledge our assistance in battle or the like should the time arise.” Catching the gaze of company who stood as guards I added, “Frostfall will be here quickly, your family grows does it not?“ Equine, and the like couldn’t stay in the wildlands forever, to do so would eventually mean death, “The Foothills is yet absent, they can’t speak for themselves so I will break words on their behalf."

"They have come to us for protection and aid, Apollo and his colead have taken up the mantle that Ktulu and Ophelia left behind. Their lips pledge loyalty, and renounce the Grey and all contracts that were made.” As I speak my eyes slip toward the Dragonheart, curious of her reaction,“Wounds are still fresh upon our pelts from past transgressions, I have invited them here so that we might mend the festering before it can blister—unite for a common goal.”

Softly I say, “Our true prosecutor lies in the North and it is my belief that they stand alone. So I ask ye who desire a home and a chance to untie all of Helovia. Would ye stand to fight for their land?”

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: For a cause (Leaders from foothills, edge, asylum.) - by Midas - 12-21-2013, 11:40 PM