the Rift

little red [questing]

Belial Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
charks
My little Demon,

It pleased me to see that you were finally ready to encounter society again. Your absence from the sight of others was worrisome; for a while, I feared that I had placed too much trust in you, my son, and that you would fail me and disappear inside yourself. Yes, I have heard your claims of illness, your protests that your body discovered weakness and therefore you needed to rest, but these claims are no comfort to me. I see only foolishness in your hermitage, oblique reasoning used to defer the blame from your own unworthy visage. Fear not, darling, I am willing to forgive you, I simply needed to see you try. You will be my last child, I am sure - do not disappoint me as your sister seems bound to do.

Although I cannot say I fully approve of your choice of friend, I understand what drew you to these two. The filly has some power and poise that I can admire, the beast is a creature of lost majesty, despite his faulty wings. But never forget, Belial, you are a unicorn, a purebred descendant of Cinnoru, and the pride of your heritage must be maintained. But you have yet to meet a true underling, my son. When you do, you will understand why I tell tales of their barbarism and stooped inferiority. For now, your friends are mixtures and mutts, disgusting half breeds who you will someday understand are not your equals.

One day you will no longer disappoint me.

When you came across the pair again, the trepidation you showed made me think that perhaps that day was now, that you had realized these two were below your interest. But no, it wasn't that, was it? You wanted to impress them, to impress her. Oh, it disgusts me, but what can a mother do? You followed the beast, your fascination with him evident, but he did not see you, and so you hid, Belial. Like a coward you hid, and conjured up a copy of yourself, creating the likeness with sparse sunbeams and ambient light before sending it into their midst. You wanted to see if it would work, if they would think the illusion to be you, and I suppose I cannot fault you for that. Your skills are valuable, and it is important to hone them; I merely wish you would use them for more fruitful purposes.

You sent your shade into their midst, but you forgot something, darling, and as it walked it made no sound. Perfect in every other way; you even remembered to give it some light aroma - but silent in its motions. It is also missing it's final horn. Really, I cannot give you passing marks for this, darling. It walked up to them, slipping behind faded branch and grinning like a jackal, its steps fluid enough and its eyes bright. It stopped some lengths from the cat and Ktulu, and stomped its right fore - again, you little fool, with no sound. But it was your voice that emerged from its lips, or a course shade of it. "Hey there, Fangs!" it coughed at the cat, and once there may have been something eager in the tones, but now it lies flat. Oh, you like that creature, do you not? The illusion stepped closer to it, before it turned to face Ktulu, this ghost of my son, and smiled at the mutt. "Yo, Red."

Nicknames? Really, Belial, did I teach you nothing of manners? There is barely any red on that girl! And what was with the feigned nonchalance, the attempt at a grown up manner? Really, darling.

Long time no see, guys. What's up?" I hoped that you were not just being coy, that you were watching and gauging as I had instructed you to. I hope that you will not disappoint me, Belial.

With frustration and hope,
Zuriel
Belial

Messages In This Thread
little red [questing] - by Ktulu - 08-10-2012, 05:44 PM
RE: little red [questing] - by Belial II - 08-11-2012, 07:48 AM
RE: little red [questing] - by Belial - 08-11-2012, 01:21 PM
RE: little red [questing] - by Ktulu - 08-17-2012, 07:13 AM
RE: little red [questing] - by Belial II - 08-23-2012, 01:01 PM
RE: little red [questing] - by Belial - 09-04-2012, 09:28 PM
RE: little red [questing] - by Random Event - 09-08-2012, 11:09 PM
RE: little red [questing] - by Ktulu - 09-08-2012, 11:31 PM