the Rift

[OPEN] if i've got to sin to see you again, then i'm gonna lie, lie, lie;

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
A small part of her, the remnants of a lost soul, struggled to sit in silence throughout the golden mare's tantrum; the larger part simply struggled not to show her boredom. She watched with tired, old, amber eyes as the Lady berated and abused her, no emotion showing on her face. Unlike old times, when her apathy was an elaborate mask, a ruse she put on to ensure her followers saw only her strength, her uncaring demeanor was, quite simply, the truth. What she should have done - what she could have done - all of this and more the GildedBlade threw in her face, and all she could think of was how dismally bleak the whole thing was, how terribly unimpressive the dramatics were. Had she been that bad? Had she thought that this proved her strength?

Was she stronger now? Even without her crown?

"Illynx," she said gently, a mother to a child who did not quite understand the severity of the situation in which she found herself, "My horn was my soul. What was my reign built on, darling? Why did anyone put their faith in me, even if it was only to await the return of a long lost king? What did I promise our followers?" She paused, letting the question sink in. "I promised to eradicate the hornless from the world. I did not deliver, and worse, when they look at me, they will be reminded of my failure. When they talk of me it will be of my inadequacy. When they consider my future, they will see only the bareness of my brow.

I cannot be a queen, Illynx; perhaps I never had a right to be one at all. You are in my position now. Do you not see the hollowness of their allegiance?"
She raised her eyebrows, a silent query: how long until they throw you from power? It was not a cruel statement, not meant to maim, but to protect, for however horrid Illynx chose to be to her, the fallen Empress, having given in to emotion, allowed it to make its home in her previously nonexistent heart, finally cared. She did not want to see Illynx suffer as she had. She did not want to watch the Lady care for those she led, only to see how very fickle their loyalty was. She wanted better for her friend.

She took a step forward. "Kill me if you must, Illynx. I'm no better than the hornless now, anyway. But it won't soothe the hurt in your soul, trust me on that."

@[Illynx]

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credit

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
RE: if i've got to sin to see you again, then i'm gonna lie, lie, lie; - by Psyche - 12-14-2013, 05:52 AM