the Rift

[OPEN] if i've got to sin to see you again, then i'm gonna lie, lie, lie;

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
The shadow-mare smiled wryly, though it didn't quite reach her eyes. There was something indescribably sad hidden in their depths, but it was perhaps not discernible to most. Her golden-laced friend would not have listened to her warnings, even if she had known then what she knew now. Even if she had tried. In all likelihood, Illynx would have merely looked at her as though she had grown a second head and told her to stop drinking the spring-water, that it was messing with her mind. Truth be told, she had never trusted the hot springs - can you imagine drinking the water where others had bathed?

She felt empty, drained, as though all of the emotion that had flooded her system had washed her clean, made her pure - but purity was the last trait the shade would ever be able to claim. No, she had done too much wrong, given in to too much sin, and there were many in these lands who would never forgive her. She didn't blame them. She deserved their hatred, after all that she had given them in kind. But she was glad to know that Illynx, at least, remained on her side. For now. One day, she knew, she would betray the mare's trust, if only because she was not the cruel Empress she had once been. She could put on the mask, she could be a wonderful actress, if it meant retaining the GildedBlade as hers... but deep down, she knew it could not last. She knew she wasn't the same, and her heart ached for the deception.

"You and I... I and you... us," she agreed with a playful smirk. Let the games begin. "But no... I won't change my horn. Let them see what I have become, and let them fall before me as I am. I won't hide from it." There it was, the hint of darkness lurking at the edges of her mind, ever waiting, ever watchful for the day she let down her guard and again took up her old mantle. Would it be easier to pretend to be that unicorn? Would it be easier to fall back into old habits?

Would she be happier?

Or could she forge a new path?

One day, she would find out.

@[Illynx]

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credit

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
RE: if i've got to sin to see you again, then i'm gonna lie, lie, lie; - by Psyche - 01-16-2014, 08:45 PM