the Rift

[OPEN] Meditation, recuperation

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
AFRICA
Diviner for Dragon's Throat

Thoughtfully the young dappled mare craned her neck around so that her pale gaze could find the Zephyr. “Meet Silas; we are bonded.” She replied readily, her tone lathered with the identical affection of that flooding her veins.

As the dappled Unicorn’s ears switched with his snaffled attention, Africa could not help but follow with an intrigued gaze; that curiosity was swamped by something more surprised, and that too by an almost instant air of confused alarm. “Goodness!” She cried as the creature barrelled towards her, staggering awkwardly aside in feeble attempt to both evade the creature’s bold arrival, and establish if truly she was in danger.

It all happened so quickly, and her mind reeled as the little beast launched itself upwards across legs that seemed too short to be able to achieve such an ambitious goal. He fell short, stumbling and flailing headfirst into the bewildered Oracle’s hind leg- she might have kicked out involuntarily in that same moment had she not felt the surge of adrenaline peel from the other stallion’s rippling skin as he started forward- perhaps in defence.

Silas had risen from his roost, an angered shriek peeling through the still air around them; shattering what little tranquillity had remained after Africa’s impromptu arrival on scene. He too bristled, ready to attack- prepared to guard the life of his beloved at any cost.

The stallion strode past both the hovering Zephyr and the dithering mare however, as the cub fell heavily and rolled away down the small incline to the side of the Oracle. ‘Merou!’ his voice bellowed suddenly in fierce reprimand (though the worry leaking into his tone was unmistakable), and the one-winged Pegasus felt her skin crawl as she struggled to ascertain what exactly had just unfolded. “Wait…” She started cautiously, figuring rapidly that the cub was no stranger to the stallion- spirit or not. She held her breath though pausing, as he rushed to tend the fallen creature and Africa felt warmth and compassion filter away her own anxiousness.

Merou lifted his small round face to meet his bonded (for now, that is what she presumed this to be- just like her and Silas), and the Oracle too sighed with relief. She knew the worry and love between hearts so tied, and for a moment had felt his panic through her own conscience. She snuffled quietly, empathetically, at the apology and explanation offered, and nodded without bitterness.

No harm had been done- perhaps nothing worse intended, than the woes she had already seen. The cub plonked between the knees of his bonded, and Africa found herself smiling tenderly in his favour.

Soon enough, the stallion’s introduction was aired and for the sake of her company and the chivalrous, pleasant atmosphere engulfing once more the meeting between them, Africa in turn repeated the stallion’s name to her companion aloud- though her tongue he could not yet grasp. Through the confines of their tight-knit bond Africa elaborated further, sharing not only their northern neighbour’s name, but that she herself had strayed by mistake much closer than she would have preferred to the invisible borders of his territory- Windtossed Foothills.

The avian clucked quietly at the explanation and he settled himself again still more comfortably upon her, knowing that the dappled stallion offered no threat, and the boisterous cub too was now in check.

“Pleasure Ciceron, Merou...” She said easily, untroubled by all which had happened. Africa too felt the twinge of hilarity rise through her core, though chewed back the bubble of laughter which perhaps might have seemed crude (given she did not know that he was entertained also). “No harm done, honestly. I have to admit though I have never been charged by a bear before.” Her pale complexion lowered to snort softly at the creature, and her eyes mellowed into a caring smile. “Is Merou alright?”

[I’m so sorry, I have no idea how I overlooked this. I feel so rude :( I wasn’t sure how ‘spirit’ the cub was, so correct me anywhere I’m wrong and I will amend to suit :D]

Messages In This Thread
Meditation, recuperation - by Africa - 12-02-2013, 07:21 PM
RE: Meditation, recuperation - by Ciceron - 12-09-2013, 03:13 PM
RE: Meditation, recuperation - by Africa - 12-16-2013, 01:06 AM
RE: Meditation, recuperation - by Ciceron - 12-21-2013, 10:26 PM
RE: Meditation, recuperation - by Africa - 01-05-2014, 07:19 PM
RE: Meditation, recuperation - by Abishia - 01-05-2014, 08:59 PM
RE: Meditation, recuperation - by Aurelia - 01-07-2014, 09:32 PM
RE: Meditation, recuperation - by Ciceron - 01-08-2014, 01:26 AM
RE: Meditation, recuperation - by Random Event - 01-08-2014, 09:43 PM
RE: Meditation, recuperation - by Africa - 01-08-2014, 09:55 PM
RE: Meditation, recuperation - by Random Event - 01-08-2014, 10:22 PM