the Rift

[OPEN] Traveler Returns

Ruka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Satisfaction thrummed through the lanky stud when his mocking call is answered by the thunder of hooves, shortly followed by the appearance of one who clearly claimed citizenship of the herdland. Emerald eyes studied the bay stranger who rolled in like an angry cloud, overflowing with harsh words. It was politeness that kept the liver chestnut still and listening to the threats that rolled off an impertinent tongue.

A brow arched and an ear tilted when the taller, more muscular stallion finally ran silent. "Well its about time that someone bothered to get off their ass and confront me." If a horse could be said to stand with hands on hips, that horse would be Ruka, right then. "As a matter of fact I do belong to the Basin, but I'm not entirely sure why I should respect soldiers too dull to stop someone they don't know from getting this far into the territory. And since I spent the summer on the steppe, I most definitely qualify as a stranger to any soldier here, on scent alone. Granted I haven't made myself known, so I expect to be stopped. And for me to get all the way down the mountain and almost to the lake before you come barging up here? Shameful of a group who name themselves soldiers of a herd." His light tenor was simply matter-of-fact, lacking any of the mockery he'd spoken with before. But he couldn't hide the exasperation.

"And if it makes you any happier, my name is Ruka, and have been part of the Basin for several seasons, though I haven't been inclined to take too active a part while I was still considering whether or not I wanted to stay. Now I wonder if I should stay just to help whip your cohorts into shape, I'm sure your training could use the input of someone who was a soldier in an actual army." His tail swept against his hocks as his voice became tinged with quiet amusement. Ruka well knew how skeptical this boulder of a stallion would be at the proclamation of warrior-hood in little old Ruka. It was a point he was well prepared to prove, if necessary. A point that had become a bit of a rough spot in his budding friendship with Illynx, considering past events.

((Haha I loved writing this.))

Messages In This Thread
Traveler Returns - by Ruka - 12-03-2013, 05:06 PM
RE: Traveler Returns - by Ruka - 12-30-2013, 04:21 AM
RE: Traveler Returns - by Déodat - 12-30-2013, 09:45 PM
RE: Traveler Returns - by Ruka - 01-05-2014, 02:28 AM