the Rift

wake me on the softer side of heaven

Godiva Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

From the balcony of sky she descended, the heavens at her back and still burning on the sultry high of sunset, saturating the Threshold in an abundance of tasteful ruby and gold. That brittle curtain of branches and dry leaves parted explosively with damsel's sudden transition from sky to earth; hooves still flashing wildly in the glow whilst they cycled in weightless grace, as though submerged in water's dreamlike suspension, descending the staircase of light-beams. Her back bowed into a limber arch as she alighted; before fore-hooves had even eased upon the scarlet carpet of fallen leaves, rosy eyes were already surveying the featureless gap of the clearing - gaze narrowed in a manner critically sharp, coolly lidded behind a low hanging veil of long lashes.

An infant hurricane was summoned as her wings beat once more, finally settling in a falsely seamless arrangement at her sides - and then all fell into stark silence as the lady analyzed the nature of her situation. "Ay me!" Nary batting a eye, the phrase of distress was uttered in a hybridization of a silky growl and a choleric purr...just how far off course had the storm forced her?

The court seer had woven intricate descriptions of a desert land, heaving with wind and sand and dynamic allure, just like the stolen archaic home of her kin. Here though, bright eyes saw only a forest, vast and endless in the depth of dusk shadows, and most worrying, the fact that no fellow face of a displaced kinsmen greeted her as she had been told to expect. She had no choice but to linger though - aimless flight over the forest had already revealed clearings to be a rare sight, and she was too weary to continue on at the risk of flying on into the night, and her wings failing to keep her aloft.

Also notable was the fact that the area seemed to offer at least some hospitality, even if only in the fact that it was empty, and devoid of the nauseating stench of a predator's hot maw - but she shunned the safety, and began to move. The stiff actions of shoulders and hips propelled an eerily unmatched fluid manner of movement, each extension and suspension of a fine boned limb measured, nearly too evenly so, into a weary gait tailored towards finesse by immeasurable control. What was sought could still be near, just around the corner, somewhere, within in the pitch of the forest's shadow - she would continue on, knowing that there was at least the safe haven of the clearing at her dappled back, from which she could then clamber back into the sky should danger appear.

Messages In This Thread
wake me on the softer side of heaven - by Godiva - 12-04-2013, 01:58 AM
RE: wake me on the softer side of heaven - by Pheonix - 12-05-2013, 04:42 AM
RE: wake me on the softer side of heaven - by Godiva - 12-08-2013, 04:24 PM
RE: wake me on the softer side of heaven - by Pheonix - 12-09-2013, 01:38 PM
RE: wake me on the softer side of heaven - by Godiva - 12-12-2013, 07:20 PM
RE: wake me on the softer side of heaven - by Pheonix - 12-13-2013, 09:18 AM
RE: wake me on the softer side of heaven - by Godiva - 12-15-2013, 08:33 PM
RE: wake me on the softer side of heaven - by Pheonix - 12-17-2013, 12:53 AM