the Rift

[OPEN] Of Tails and Thistles

Celebi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Celebi
Making echos in a vacant space, hoping for a call back

I'm amazed at how the season is already beginning to shift here in this new land. It has hardly been but a few days since I had left the woods, where the heat had prickled at my skin and forced me to seek respite in a creek and now I am hurried by a breeze that teases with the autumns cool embrace...or whatever the locals care to call it. At present is it just a hint really, the coolness, but being the seasoned traveler that I am I know it is not a fluke, stranger though be I to Helovia. It seems I've come a little late to the party. I sigh lightly then, remarking that perhaps soon I'll be like a dragon with my breath turned to mist in the autumn rush.

Blissful though I am to be traveling abroad I can't help but feel a nagging absence beside me as I traverse the verge of a great and magnificent meadow, breaking from the shadows of the pines and merging into the multitude of reds, brackens, and light emeralds of the open space. Being on my own does not distress me, its how I live, how I was taught, but I have to admit that parting with Solace and Lena was...bittersweet I guess. Brief though our meeting was I considered them both fond acquaintances and hope that soon - or at least sometime in the future- that I'd meet them again, maybe in the Windtossed Foothills or the Aurora Basin, whichever I crossed into first.

The prospect of reuniting warms me against the cool breeze as I trot along at my travelers pace, taking in the scenery . In my gazing I manage to spot a fleeting glimpse of a fox not far off, its rufescent figure chasing what I assumed to be a rabbit. Fondly I recall Imogen, Lena's "bonded", as she so put it. Out of habit I tilt my head, still puzzled by the bay's cryptic words.

Some are capable of forging connections with other beasts, through luck, through circumstance, through love and devotion...You become a part of one another, incapable of existing without the other.

I would have spent more time pondering over these words if at the moment something had not sprang before me, darting across my path in a frenzy. Before I knew it I shied sharply and lost my footing, scraping my knees on the dirt and tumbling over like some giant loaf into bracken and whatever twiggy substance lay in my wake zone. When all was said and done I was distinctly aware of a strange, prickling discomfort all along my rump and hinds legs and it only took a glance backward to figure out why. Thistles. The spiny flower congregated all around me like some fiendish mob and my tail was quite throughly weaved into the masses as if their had been a frenzy for the valuable thread that was my hair.

With a good heave I shamble onto my feet, pulling with me an entire entourage of charming purple heads. " Well, this is a pickle."I murmur to myself as I stare at the mess, delighted at the prospect of having to pull each and every one of them from hide. Well, the sooner the better. As best I can I start to brush the burs of my hind legs with my muzzle, flinching as I was pricked, before getting to work on my tail. This may be a while...

"blah blah blah."

Messages In This Thread
Of Tails and Thistles - by Celebi - 12-05-2013, 01:39 AM
RE: Of Tails and Thistles - by Micha - 12-06-2013, 04:31 PM
RE: Of Tails and Thistles - by Celebi - 12-10-2013, 01:22 AM
RE: Of Tails and Thistles - by Micha - 12-10-2013, 04:23 PM