the Rift

[PRIVATE] For Now I Am Winter

Jorogumo Posts: 70
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 2 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Selkie

Jorogumo

Throw along youngest stare arms reclaim stars unnamed.

The white flakes fell from the sky, and it reminded the child of falling stars. All around was a luminescent field of white that took her small breath away. Snow was a regular thing within the Basin, but she hadn’t been there long enough for it to become normal, she believed it would always leave her in awe though. With the snow came a saddened mind and bitter heart. She thought of her mother, the mare named for the snow spirit that gathered the souls of those that died in the snow. What right did her mother have to be associated with such beauty? Her mother wasn’t the cold blanket that covered the earth. Her mother was a hurtful memory, and one day, Jorogumo would see the selfish heart. Her child mind couldn’t comprehend why her mother would throw her out.

“I’m just like you,” Jorogumo whispered as she looked up at the sky, speaking to the falling snow. They were all thrown out from their homes, forced away to be on their own. As they fell though, the flakes would find a home, just like she had found one. Maybe all of the members of the Basin were like snowflakes, or maybe Jorogumo was just different. Could it be that she was an outsider amongst her own kind? No, she wasn’t any kind of special snowflake. One day she could make them see her as something great.

Jorogumo looked around her, realizing just how far she had wandered from home. This didn’t particularly bother her, she wanted to see the area she resided in, she wanted to know it. Without any kind of mother, there was no one to stop her from wandering. She could go wherever she wanted whenever she wanted. Lately she found herself secluding herself. Kisaki was nice, but she had a kingdom to run, not a child to worry about. Besides, it wasn’t like the filly wanted a family, or so she believed. There was no denying the heartache she felt when she thought of never feeling the warm touch of a mother again. That was okay though, she could be her own mother, and learn from the others around her. Who needed a family anyways? The warmth of another body would be appreciated on cold nights, but that didn’t mean she needed a family. Maybe a pet could do.

Finally the filly came to a stop and glanced about her surroundings. Before her was a vast field of white, so pure that it made her pale eyes look tainted. An idea flashed through her mind, and a soft giggle escaped from her lips as she charged forward and then slid to a stop. A wave of snow washed over her and a huge grin passed over her lips despite the cold. With the coming of orangemoon, her coat was growing thicker, so she wasn’t constantly shivering as she did the first few weeks of living within the Basin.

“Round we go, the world is spinning,” The little filly sang to herself as she pranced about the field of snow. “When it stops, it’s just beginning. Sun comes up, we live and we cry. Sun goes and then we all die.” Memories of her father singing this morbid little song to her filled her mind. On the rare occasion he would actually dote on her, he typically sang the song to her as she slept. In the end, it was the one of the only things he gave her, a broken heart and a dark little song, such pitiful gifts. Jorogumo had never bonded with her father, but she had appreciated the moments of kindness he showed.

All these thoughts stopped the lighthearted fun. She ceased running about in circles and just stared up at the sky, and watched the snowflakes fall from the heavens and onto her dark body.

@[Vadim]

Image Credits

Icon by Bronzehalo

Messages In This Thread
For Now I Am Winter - by Jorogumo - 12-05-2013, 03:28 AM
RE: For Now I Am Winter - by Vadim - 12-08-2013, 08:23 PM
RE: For Now I Am Winter - by Jorogumo - 12-09-2013, 08:18 PM
RE: For Now I Am Winter - by Vadim - 12-15-2013, 11:15 PM
RE: For Now I Am Winter - by Jorogumo - 12-18-2013, 04:30 PM
RE: For Now I Am Winter - by Vadim - 12-21-2013, 06:59 PM
RE: For Now I Am Winter - by Jorogumo - 12-24-2013, 04:46 PM
RE: For Now I Am Winter - by Vadim - 01-04-2014, 10:12 PM