the Rift

[PRIVATE] For Now I Am Winter

Jorogumo Posts: 70
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 2 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Selkie

Jorogumo

Throw along youngest stare arms reclaim stars unnamed.

The child’s attention snapped from the snow when she scented a stranger. Jorogumo watched them in silence, her gaze unwavering. They were white like the snow, and she began to wonder if perhaps she was seeing a snow spirit. Did yokai live in this land? Or did they only live amongst the land of her father? She had heard stories about the various beings that lived within the spiritual realm; she had only believed them to be stories. When she really thought about it, the very idea of a snow spirit was a bit preposterous. Since the stranger didn’t approach she tried to return to her play, but she felt self-conscious with another watching. Maybe if she just pretended he wasn’t there. Yeah, that could do it. She resumed prancing about in circles and singing softly to herself. Exactly what kind of game she was playing remained a mystery, even to her. After awhile she gave up trying to play, because the stranger was still there. Finally she turned her head again and watched him. What were they doing? Why didn’t they leave? An endless amount of questions formed within the little filly’s mind. A brilliant idea popped ino her mind. The stranger would answer her questions, whether they liked it or not.

Jorogumo made her way over, in a subtle manner. The circles she pranced abut in suddenly got bigger, and now they moved. She kept singing her song and ignoring the stranger, making it seem like she was accidentally getting closer. Inside she was feeling quite proud of herself. Wasn’t she just the master of subtle? Conveniently her circle stopped in front of the stranger, who she now saw was a stallion, and who also was one of her own. Where did all the equines and pegasi live? She had yet to see anything other than a unicorn, which was okay because unicorns were lovely. If they weren’t lovely, she wouldn’t be lovely, which in her little mind she was quite brilliant. At least, she found her mind to be quite fantastic.

Jorogumo watched the way the stallion scraped at the snow. If he was trying to dig a hole he wasn’t doing a very good job. She looked back up at him and narrowed his eyes. Was he trying to dig a hole to trap her in? Well, it wouldn’t work now because the filly was brighter than this stallion. She circled about the white stallion for a moment and noticed the peculiar colors that were all about his coat and that tipped his mane. Did the creatures in Helovia bathe in a rainbow to get their odd colors? Oh what a stupid thought, Jorogumo knew that there wasn’t that shade of blue in the rainbow. Or maybe the creatures were here were just freaks… Or maybe Jorogumo was the freak with her black coat, but she did have that strange symbol on her shoulder. So she was a freak just like them all!

Jorogumo then remembered the whole purpose of approaching this stallion. “Why were you watching me? I feel like grownups have a lot of better things to do than watch children play… Like you seem to have a reason for digging a hole.” She asked looking up at him, locking eyes with him. Now was the time to see whether he would be unsettled by her gaze. Was he weak or strong? This would be the test.

@[Vadim]

"blah blah blah."

Image Credits

Icon by Bronzehalo

Messages In This Thread
For Now I Am Winter - by Jorogumo - 12-05-2013, 03:28 AM
RE: For Now I Am Winter - by Vadim - 12-08-2013, 08:23 PM
RE: For Now I Am Winter - by Jorogumo - 12-09-2013, 08:18 PM
RE: For Now I Am Winter - by Vadim - 12-15-2013, 11:15 PM
RE: For Now I Am Winter - by Jorogumo - 12-18-2013, 04:30 PM
RE: For Now I Am Winter - by Vadim - 12-21-2013, 06:59 PM
RE: For Now I Am Winter - by Jorogumo - 12-24-2013, 04:46 PM