the Rift

[OPEN] Where is your silver lining now? [Lakota/Open]

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
                     Her smile makes you wonder where she's been

Something in her tone freezes the youth like a startled rabbit, and Lakota bitterly wonders if she'd gone to all that trouble just to stop her heart with a few words. Even so, Lakota knows the strength of flashbacks and memories, and says nothing until the fae can compose herself. It takes a bit longer than the older mistress expected, but it gives her time to lean faintly against Aodaun, trying to recover her waning strength. She doubts she can make it back home at this rate. By the time she looks back up from staring at the wilting grass, wondering why she is so weak to every injured soul that happens to wander across her path, Alina is already shifting about once more. This time she is more careful, hesitant, as if she fears Lakota will use her prior tone on her once more. The sapphire mare remains silent out of both respect and lack of energy to be her usual sassy self.

A frown tugged at her dark lips at the response she got to her query. "Ridiculous. Child, I'm not sure where you got your understanding of punishment, but it does not involve burning someone to the brink of death for something you can label as stupidity." She is seething, but not at Alina. No, she is righteously angry at the fool that had caused such wounds. And Lakota thought she was fucked up! "There is nothing you can do within the realms of stupidity to have earned such a response. I have healed many burns in my day, child. Had I not just given most of my energy and life force to the birth of twins of my best friend, I could have healed you of your grievous injuries." Knowing her story, even if just a tad, Lakota's voice is softer. Apologetic. If only she had the energy to do right by her...

A gentle, dismissive laugh echoes out of her lips. "Oh, my dear, you do not owe me anything. It was I who decided to heal you, when I knew I could not do a complete job of it." Aodaun pressed his shoulder to hers as she did the same, his tall stature helping push her up onto her feet, a whimper of pain escaping her as she wobbled on her hooves. Taking a deep breath she gave a tight-lipped smile at Alina, head swimming. "My name is Lakota. I am the head Earth Medic and Poisoner of the Windtossed Foothills, lead by Apollo the Merciful and Phaedra the Opulent. Can I know your name?"

Lakota figure she might as well try her best to be friendly and gentle, as foreign as it can be to her at times. She doesn't want to scare the poor thing again. "If you come back with me, you don't have to join the Foothills, I promise, but I need some rest. After, I can heal you completely? I just...I can't do anything more without killing myself, kid," she whispers, head low with exhaustion.

Credits

Messages In This Thread
Where is your silver lining now? [Lakota/Open] - by Alina - 12-05-2013, 02:36 PM
RE: Where is your silver lining now? [Lakota/Open] - by Alina - 12-14-2013, 04:16 PM
RE: Where is your silver lining now? [Lakota/Open] - by Alina - 12-29-2013, 07:07 AM
RE: Where is your silver lining now? [Lakota/Open] - by Lakota - 01-01-2014, 04:02 AM