the Rift

[OPEN] when will the pain and guilt stop?

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark
Amara
The yapping of another canine alerts Sameira, her ears flickering back as she smells the creatures. Her ears flatten and her back glistens with the light of fire, flickering blue. Her dual tone eyes gleam with a protective sheen. Her lips draw back and her tail swings rapidly as she prepares for attack. I look at her, puzzled. Never had she done such a thing as this, snarling and setting aflame in such an aggressive way. Sure, she's growled and drawn her lip when I tried to take away her meal, but never like this. In this moment, it seems like she really meant what she was doing.

I hear it first.

The sound of an enraged male, which makes me turn my head. He seems to be yelling at the dog, which must be barking at us. I watch as the mouthy canine roams closer after the second screech of his bonded. I pause that thought, for wouldn't the stallion scream mentally to his bonded and not aloud for all to hear? I gently tilt my head as I stare at the grey stallion, the moon's light barely an aid to me in the night. I realize something now, the figure has stopped, and the dog has returned to his side.

Fo'low, Sameira whispers to me, motioning with her snout that she was going to approach the stallion and his hound. With no objections, I begin to follow with little hesitation, mommy's voice gently breezing past. Don't!... But her voice has faded to nothing but a soft brush of wind in my ears. Her warning is gone now, just a freshly pressed whisper, leaving my mind tingling. I creep along behind Sameira, whose fancy fire magic illuminates her tail, leaving a trail of blue flames down her spine. A flash of white streaks across my vision, drawing my eyes from Sameira. I glance up, realizing an owl has swooped down from the skies, its body a shimmering silver in the moonlight. I watch the bird as it surveys us, my ears flickering back in agitation. Sameira prods me with an invisible finger, signalling that I was slowing.

She halted a few yards from the stallion and his canine, Sameira's lip drawing back. Upon closer inspection, I nearly let out a scream, horrific images greeting my amber eyes. A scarred face is what I am met by, the studs' face marked by a past meeting of fire, the skin scarred over in such a manner it turned my insides. The darkness of the night makes his scar seem eerie, only half his face illuminated, the fairly unmarred half. My spine tingles, the colt's voice whispering gently, I don't like him. I can feel him press himself closer to me, his voice putting me into a cautious state. I narrow my brows, then glance at the dog the stallion was yelling at. "You should treat your bonded kinder." Is all I allow myself to say, watching Sameira nod her head in agreement before assuming her I'm-ready-to-kill-you position.

Messages In This Thread
when will the pain and guilt stop? - by Amara - 12-05-2013, 07:30 PM
RE: when will the pain and guilt stop? - by Mauja - 12-08-2013, 06:29 AM
RE: when will the pain and guilt stop? - by Mauja - 12-21-2013, 07:40 AM