the Rift

[OPEN] Reading The Terms and Conditions

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Everyone at some point in their life must come to terms with things that have occurred in the past. Before the cold winds of Frostfall were to settle into the northern lands, she left her southern herdland to find what she would need to find to soothe her bones. The journey was shorter now, taking less time than what she had expected. Cold already began to nip at her bones, body plump and round with the meals she was able to feast upon in the Throat. It was not home, but it did her well. Home was a series of ice caverns in the north that when the night came in hid her away from the monsters that lurked. Now, what were they now that it's small outcast band living there disappeared? Empty rooms with nothing to fill them, walls that cannot hear the conversations of others, hallways that shadows can no longer lurk in. Such a place shouldn't be left to rot, but it happened without a care.
Winds attack her youthful face, pale blue eyes squinting to escape the blast of cold air and small snowflakes. They take their sweet time to flutter back open as now longer legs carry her towards the blue walls that beacon the location of those holes. No emotion can erupt in her heart. Here she had recieved a story from a bay Unicorn stallion who she considered her uncle about how he was a valiant hero. Now that man probably didn't even exist anymore. It wasn't him that left the black seed within her heart, but he helped grow it. She expected him to be there for her, but he left her. That pain was long dull and lifeless, lost in a sea of new memories. She hadn't made much attempts at new friends, absolutely none to find her old friends. Her best friend was probably growing as much as she was, and visiting each other was becoming more difficult. Sikeax had to heal and learn, and she did. Every lesson that was given to her was taken in with the need for more. Wouldn't they be proud to see how she changed....
As the mountains give way to her presence, a sweeping calm takes her soul and eases the stress from it. She sighs, eyes casted downward while the wind moves to blow the locks of her mane to hide her face. It knows the heavy pain that plagues her heart, and helps keep the world out of it.
"Hello? Does anyone exist anymore? Tonka? Adrixaura?" That name there falls out with a bad taste in her mouth. Adrixaura was not her mother anymore, though calling her mother by that name still felt wrong against her heavy chest. "Kilichii? The Assassins? It's me, Sikeax. You know, our healer. Adrixaura's...." It is here she finds everything the most difficult. If she was to say that word and her mother appear, it would be the end of all she began to accept. Let the world crash down on my shoulders now, I don't care anymore now. "Daughter. Yeah, I grew up, but it would of been nice for any of you to check up on me in the Throat, you know?"
Nothing happens. Silence is something that can make the mind go insane when you think about it enough. When prisoners are placed into solitary confindment they tend to lose their minds. She stands there with her head hung low, horn extending out much further, probably about ten inches now. It's glow illuminates the blue walls as they reflect her grown state. "Y'all are all dead, aren't you? I should of known that none of you, none of us could get anywhere in life. Fuck you. Fuck all of you. I hope every single one of you die in the cold that is this place. It's so much like your hearts."
In those words, she finds strength to raise her head high, and there with blue eyes wide open, stares into the cave that is before her. She feels proud of herself for speaking in such a tone that would make her mother smile, one that would make Tonka recoil in disgust. "I've been in the Dragon's Throat all of this time, for your information."
With that, she strolls into her previous home with a high step and proud state of mind, smiling because she knows none of them would come to greet her other than some lost, lingering soul that looks for company when it is alone. .

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Reading The Terms and Conditions - by Sikeax - 12-05-2013, 05:25 PM
RE: Reading The Terms and Conditions - by Sikeax - 12-15-2013, 11:35 AM
RE: Reading The Terms and Conditions - by Abishia - 01-03-2014, 04:48 PM