the Rift

[OPEN] Forever in your Favor (Closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

There are dozens of new faces emerging from the Threshold of late--it was pure gossip that often caught the first glimpse of them when Africa and others led our desert brethren to safety from the distant fields. Through the fast traveling word of others I learned of our newest brothers and sisters. I was grateful for this family and its steady loyalty; but there was also a seed jealously for a soldiers ability to pick up and leave on a whim. They had a freedom that a leader only got to sample on the best of days. Like others who had carried the weight of herdlife before me; I bore a familiar set of chains my mentors had woven link by impossible link. As such. It was a preposterous idea to meet with every newcomer; though, I often tried to make myself available to them.

One such greenhorn had come in from the dunes; his hide dark with sweat and dust from a new desert home. A crimson horn sported his brow, I tried to not think about recent events that would make me bitter toward that birthsake. With dismayed sigh my mind failed to filter and for a moment it slipped back to a woman that always seemed present in the rear corners; Ktulu had carried the mark of such colors--I wondered why everything ended up reminding me of her in some form.

While I mused, the stranger approached our muddy bank with hungry eyes peering into waters edge, not yet noticing company that stood hidden beneath the canopy of tropical flora. Perhaps it was guilt that made me quietly step from the shadows, or maybe it was my own loneliness that echoed for companionship. Ivory feathers tightened their hold across my barrel, a sign of uneasy to those that knew me well enough to know my antics. Footfalls gently laced gold into the surrounding sand, the element vanished shortly after my hoof removed itself to step ahead. "Good day friend, I'm Midas."

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Forever in your Favor (Closed) - by Virus - 12-05-2013, 08:54 PM
RE: Forever in your Favor - by Midas - 12-13-2013, 12:10 PM
RE: Forever in your Favor - by Alina - 12-13-2013, 04:37 PM
RE: Forever in your Favor - by Virus - 12-14-2013, 07:49 AM
RE: Forever in your Favor - by Midas - 12-16-2013, 11:23 PM
RE: Forever in your Favor - by Alina - 12-18-2013, 03:33 PM
RE: Forever in your Favor - by Virus - 12-19-2013, 08:02 PM