the Rift

[OPEN] Forever in your Favor (Closed)

Alina Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
She listened to Virus’ story, realizing she never heard it. But they hadn’t had much time together other than the tiresome journey from the Threshold and so it wasn’t all that surprising that she didn’t know so much about him and his past. Their friendship was still rather shallow, but Alina knew it would become deeper with every minute they spend together. He reminded her so much of Asha; her only friend from her foalhood. The thought of the sapphire eyed stallion made her heart ache for a second. But she forced away the longing she felt and concentrated on the last part of Virus’ story and the reply Midas gave him.

“Ye has traveled from the same land?”

The painted sultan’s words seemed directed solely to Alina this time and the dove flicked her tiny ears with a warm smile tugging on her pink lips.

"No Milord. We met in the Threshold, but I think the tiresome journey here created a certain bond between us. Don’t you think, Virus?" She answered, turning to her grey and crimson friend at her last words.

Returning her emerald pools to Midas she continued: "I hail from a land called Rama; it means dream in our old language. It is mostly made out of desert, but there lies a vast rainforest in the northeast. I spent my first year of life in an area called Hölscheron, we lived near the rainforest where the desert is considerably lush, it looked a lot like Dragon’s Throat and I think that is one of the reasons why I love it here."

Her eyes became vacant for a second as she thought back on her year in Rama. She wished sometimes that her life had played out in a different way. That she had been the daughter of Salem and Josephina and not the daughter of Sarah, but she knew that it didn’t help to look back and wish for a different past. What was would always be.

She returned to the present.

"Actually I feel more at home here, Lord Midas. The horses in Dragon’s Throat are a lot friendlier and I am starting to learn that I will not get a scolding simply for addressing someone in the wrong way." the dove said with a gleeful expression, then she sunk back in thought. The dull pain from her half healed wounds had reminded her of both her encounters with hornless unicorn and she felt that she needed an answer to the enigma.

"Milord, may I ask you, why are there so many hornless unicorns here in Helovia? Have you had a plague of some sort that rots their horns so that they fall off? Or is there magic here so strong that lethal starks can be saved?"

The dove didn’t understand that it was highly unlikely that Midas knew what a “lethal stark” was. It was all so normal to Alina and so it didn’t occur to her that genetics could be working differently here in Helovia than they had been working in Rama.

locolobo.net

Messages In This Thread
Forever in your Favor (Closed) - by Virus - 12-05-2013, 08:54 PM
RE: Forever in your Favor - by Midas - 12-13-2013, 12:10 PM
RE: Forever in your Favor - by Alina - 12-13-2013, 04:37 PM
RE: Forever in your Favor - by Virus - 12-14-2013, 07:49 AM
RE: Forever in your Favor - by Midas - 12-16-2013, 11:23 PM
RE: Forever in your Favor - by Alina - 12-18-2013, 03:33 PM
RE: Forever in your Favor - by Virus - 12-19-2013, 08:02 PM
RE: Forever in your Favor - by Midas - 12-22-2013, 12:13 AM
RE: Forever in your Favor - by Alina - 12-25-2013, 08:45 AM
RE: Forever in your Favor - by Virus - 12-25-2013, 06:41 PM