the Rift

[OPEN] Illumination [Lace, Open]

Israfel Posts: 54
Hidden Account
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1 hands :: 2 Years
Sparrow

Israfel Azardokht
It was Orangemoon, the month of her birth.

It had been a somewhat... Impromptu decision to return to the World's Edge, the skies kissed with downy hues of pinks and purples to signal the rising of the sun as she returned. Something had spurred her to return to the land where her family resided. Perhaps it was the loneliness that came with the life of an outcast? Or, mayhaps, simply the yearning to see her friends, family, and loved ones again? Many things she had seen and witnessed since leaving the warm confines of the World's Edge; new places she had stepped hoof upon, and new individuals to meet... Israfel enjoyed her life as a wanderer, but nothing could take away the safe feeling of returning home.

Beneath her, trees and plains sped by, the sound of the rushing wind echoing within her ears. Crisp vermillion depths surveyed the land beneath her as it gave way to the forested regions of the Edge, but something amiss caught her eye. There, seeming to collect the beauty of the rising sun, stretched a wall of glass that looked to protect the boundaries of the Edge. The sight of the structure, so large and imposing, made Israfel tilt her head in curiosity and shift the angle of her wings, so that she steadily descended from the sky.

Passing over the wall and into the territory of her home, the Sun-Child's gilded wings beat at the air as she approached the ground, arching beautifully, and with practiced ease the pale hybrid came to a land upon earth's soil once more. Twisting her body around to face the mysterious wall, Israfel took a few steps towards it so that she could touch the smooth surface with her muzzle.

"... How very curious," she whispered, analyzing the details that she had returned home to, "I wonder when this was completed. I haven't been gone that long... Have I?" The idea of the wall was both strange and reassuring. It would help keep her home and family safe, yes, but... Wouldn't it be somewhat intimidating to outsiders who were searching for a home? Would it make them feel unwelcome?

To her... The sight of the wall made the Edge seem less welcoming. Foreboding, almost. Hopefully that was not the case.

Turning on her heels to place her back to the wall, Israfel sucked in a deep breath and knickered out a beckoning call before venturing further into the depths of the Edge. Who would greet her? Would it be Smoke, her mother? Or Kimber, her dear sister? Or would it be a stranger that crossed her path first, accusing her of trespassing upon a land that was not her home?

Will they even recognize me? The half-breed asked herself, pausing in her steps in a moment of uncertainty. She hadn't been gone long, of course, but she had changed... Two years old she was now, and no longer was she the lanky filly that had much growing to do. A woman she was becoming, albeit still young, but... Giving a rough shake of her head, the silky strands of her mane catching the rays of the sun, Israfel sucked in a deep breath. Now wasn't the time to worry.

"Hello? I've returned home! Mother? Kimber?"

[ooc: Isra's come to visit. :3 For @[Lace] and anyone else who would like to join!]

Messages In This Thread
Illumination [Lace, Open] - by Israfel - 12-05-2013, 09:31 PM
RE: Illumination [Lace, Open] - by Lace - 12-06-2013, 07:59 AM
RE: Illumination [Lace, Open] - by Israfel - 12-12-2013, 11:52 AM
RE: Illumination [Lace, Open] - by Lace - 01-12-2014, 11:59 AM