the Rift

Holiday Exchange :: Writing :: Writing Stage

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
The lovely RedGod and I came up with an idea for a holiday exchange to try and give everyone a chance to have a little fun. We're looking for feedback, to see if there is interest.

If there is a user-run Secret Santa this year, this is a separate event.

Anyways...
The Idea: We will exchange posts, but we will write these posts as the other person's character. For example, if enter Kahlua and I draw Torleik as my partner, I will write a post as Torleik and give it to Red as a gift. This means I might have to do a little background search on Torleik, to see what he is like, but it doesn't have to be super in depth. The idea is to write a post how you perceive the other character, allowing the original character owner to laugh hilariously about how their character is viewed.

The Other Stuff: Post count is min 250 (as per site rules), max whatever you feel like. Red and I will come up with some scenarios that you can respond to if you'd like to, but it isn't necessary. You can designate your own scenario. This will just be a random, single post for the character owner to enjoy. It would not be posted to an IC thread. It will likely be posted on this thread. Voice won't matter, either. If your partner's character is normally written in 1st person, feel free to write your gift post in 3rd person if you would prefer to!

To Be Eligible: You can enter any character that has two posts and a well filled out personality, so that we at least have something to work with. You can enter multiple characters. Remember, that for every character you enter you will be given a partner to write as. So, if you enter 1 character you will have to write 1 post. If you enter 3 characters, you will have to write 3 posts. There is no limit other than your ability to write all of your "gift posts" in a timely manner.

Questions? Ask Red or Sevin. We're doing this on the fly. Post below if you want to participate, and which characters you want to be entered with. Sign-up will run until the 15th, at which point names will be sent out via PM (so that who is writing a post as your character remains a secret!!)

Updates from Red: This is a way to do something writing-based and still potentially fun! I would think that the tone here should be light. Poke gentle fun at the characters you get, exaggerate their good and bad traits, make it funny! Basically, try to have fun with it. I know I'd laugh seeing someone take Torleik and make him a dork for me.

Updates 12/16/13: Working on doing the partner exchange right now. PMs will be going out shortly. For now, just start researching your partner. Scenarios will be up within the next few days!!

Updates 12/17/13: Here are some scenarios. Red needs to help me add more because I'm not creative!! Please use your own if you find them more helpful, I'm just trying to give some people a base from which to work. (Note that I'm obviously not very good at it!!!)
1. Dreamscape :: explore the character's subconscious mind as they sleep
2. New Companion :: work through the character's emotions as they experience the hatching of their very own companion (feel free to make up a companion if your character does not have one!)
3. Experiencing Loss :: mourn with the character as they deal with the death of their best friend, having learned of the news from an NPC
4. The Guardian :: An overly insistent, unwanted stranger (friendly or otherwise) has arrived at the character's herd land border. How does your character react? Feel free to make up dialogue with this NPC stranger!
5. Plotting :: Does your character have a dream or a secret desire? If so, they've finally found some alone time to scheme a way to make their dreams a reality. What do they think of and how will they make this dream a reality?
6. Mud Crab :: A giant crab explodes from the depths of the Endless Blue, claws snapping out at everything near by. What does your character think and do?
7. Apple Drunk :: Your character had a few too many of those delicious fall apples! What's going on in their mind? What do they do when all their inhibitions are lost?
8. Alternate Dimension :: You've been sucked to a modern day human city. What the heck is going on?
9. The Bees :: You're walking through the forest when you're assaulted by bees. Run away, quickly!!
10. Happy Holidays :: It's tree decorating time! Have some fun with NPCs (or your own personal characters) and decorate a tree for the holidays!

Many thanks to Bunnie for all the ideas. She's much more helpful than I am!

Update 12/30/13: Setting January 31st as deadline to get your post up, please!! I figure this gives everyone time to get past the holiday craziness :)

Official List:
OOC :: Character
Ali :: Histe
Ali :: Ktulu
Baylee :: Aurelia
Blu :: October
Bunnie :: Dragomir
Bunnie :: Illynx
Chan :: Lace
Dark :: Amara
Dark :: Frost Fyre
EagleCry :: Luneia
Eppie :: Epona
Katie :: Shajake
Manly Everything :: Circe
Manly Everything :: Roskuld
Nevada :: Agrona
Nevada :: Voodoo
Paddeh :: Irrydae
Parelia :: Krieger
Parelia :: Parelia
Rayo :: Psyche
Redgod :: Torleik
Riven :: Africa
Sarah :: Alysanne
Selkie :: Jorogumo
Selkie :: Vulture
Sevin :: Kahlua
Sevin :: Oxy
Sica :: Faelene
Time :: Archibald

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Holiday Exchange :: Writing :: Writing Stage - by Kahlua - 12-06-2013, 01:51 AM
RE: Holiday Exchange :: Writing - by Torleik - 12-06-2013, 01:55 AM