the Rift

Chase the night away.

Gaige Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

GAIGE

With your halo slipping down

It had been a long day, one of those “life is tough and then you die” kind of days. Where the shoes you were meant to fill get bigger and bigger and your feet just seem to be getting smaller no matter how hard you try. And those thin, thin lines between what’s right and what needs to be done get warped and twisted until you can’t really tell the difference between justice and revenge. You look up at the stars and wonder if they ever gaze back, wonder if they give a damn about the world underneath them or if they just don’t care. Pale blue eyes look out on the world with a piercing stare that cares nothing for the goings on of others except what they can do for him. The chocolate bay stallion passes through the threshold with a confident stride, the muscular body of one who has fought for survival and come out grinning on the other side. The silvery white scars of battles long past trace through the skin like cracks in the paint, but he wears them with pride anyway.

Gaige sighed looking around at the identical trees around him, where the hell was he anyway? The day was coming to end and the light was fading fast, casting long dark shadows that couldn’t be escaped. He had been travelling all day, hoping to put as much distance as he could between himself and the mess he had gotten into. It had taken all his wit, clever thinking and a lot of luck to keep from getting himself killed; challenging his old gang on their turf had been a very, very bad idea. He guessed he should’ve seen it coming not surprising really when he thought about it, no-one leaves a gang the way he did without causing some kind of retaliation. What was surprising was the person who had caused him to leave in the first place, his eyes hardened at the thought.

The stallion stopped as his sharp blue eyes noticed another winding their way through the trees ahead of him. He smirked, something to take his mind off things perhaps? Friend or foe either way he looked forward to the distraction after the day he’d had. Gaige started forward silently towards the stranger, his face a blank mask while his body feigned over confidence. Before the stranger could notice him he spoke.

“And here I thought I had this whole forest to myself, lucky for you I don’t mind the extra company, names’ Gaige and you are?”

He smiled to himself, he always made the first move.

"talk talk talk."

Messages In This Thread
Chase the night away. - by Gaige - 12-07-2013, 06:34 AM
RE: Chase the night away. - by Nato - 12-07-2013, 01:15 PM
RE: Chase the night away. - by Gaige - 12-08-2013, 03:24 AM
RE: Chase the night away. - by Nato - 12-08-2013, 05:59 AM
RE: Chase the night away. - by Gaige - 12-09-2013, 04:09 AM
RE: Chase the night away. - by Nato - 12-09-2013, 08:47 AM