the Rift

[OPEN] you're the antidote to everything except for me

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow
Slowly she began to catch her breath, and realise what a fool she must have made of herself to these two men. She had to fight hard not to bow her head in shame - no daughter of warriors should almost give herself an aneurysm at the sight of a dog! But she had learnt to be naturally wary of carnivores, even moreso after seeing members of her old herd devoured by packs of the vicious things. She distrusted anything that ate meat, be it dragons, wolves, bears, even certain freaky equines. She was suitably astonished, then, when the two-horned stallion revealed that he and the dog were in cahoots. "Ah. I'm not normally such a coward, but this place makes my teeth itch and it's not everyday you see a horned carnivore sitting on the path in front of you." She forced an embarassed smile. "I'm Nyx, it's nice to meet you. And, uh, Aramis. Sort of." She glanced around, as though expecting the hound to dive out from behind the nearest boulder to send her into flight mode again.

Her attention shifted to the other stallion, stood in stoic silence. He'd seemed the most alert after her impromptu gallop into his personal space, and she wondered how many times he had been surprise-attacked for him to react like that. Nyx knew that reflexes made a warrior, and there was a definite veiled interest behind her steely blue gaze as she allowed herself to liberally examine him. He had an expression like he'd just sat on a beehive, and the iron lady began to worry that he despised her presence. Perhaps she should make her excuses and leave these two to whatever it is that they were doing before she so bluntly forced her way into their lives, but her innate curiosity prevented her doing that. "And you?" she asked, tones cautious, as though wary of offending him. The silver mare hardly ever thought such things - naturally blunt, she wasn't one to think before she spoke, yet she was being particularly careful today. For one, she did not desire to make enemies so soon into her Helovian life, especially enemies who bonded to fanged, horned dog-demons. But she was keen to know what had sparked the spotted man's violent reaction, which had seemed to intensify once the scent of her home became heady on the air. She was a stranger to Helovian politics, but knew her home had powerful foes, horned ones who had attacked in the weeks preceeding Nyx's arrival. That was why the glass wall had been erected, and why her herdmates were wary of her and her sire because of the horns that adorned their skulls.

She shifted her weight and continued to politely glance between the two men, committing their features to memory. She also took note of her surroundings, seeing for the first time the odd shrines that stood nearby. Her eyes widened to saucers and she itched to go and poke and prod them, but decided it was probably best not to - for all she knew, they could turn her into a toad. Or, worse, into a horned hell-dog.

Image © Snowwy @ Helovia

Messages In This Thread
RE: you're the antidote to everything except for me - by Nyx - 12-15-2013, 08:17 PM