the Rift

[OPEN] you're the antidote to everything except for me

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow
OOC: also loving this thread 8D

She shifted her gaze in time to meet d'Artagnan's for a fraction of a second, and as she did she noticed his expression change. He was glaring like a mad thing, and the mare found herself growing concerned and baffled in equal measure. He was looking at her with a hatred she had never seen before, had never imagined could be directed at her - she snorted in discomfort, snapping her eyes away as she wondered if her momentary stare had angered him. Such was the complicated dance of body language, one stare for a second too long could be the difference between friendship and eternal hatred. It now occured to her that she was trapped between two potentially hostile stallions, both more than likely stronger than her and with one, possibly two, hellhounds at their disposal. Subtly her icy gaze began to wander, searching for the best escape route - she could dash back the way she had come and just take her chances with Aramis, or jump from the ledge into the lava and hope that it wasn't as hot as it looked...

No, she decided; she would not flee this time. She hadn't done anything to warrant being glowered at, and if she was going to be attacked and/or murdered by these two, then she would damned well go down fighting. "Is something wrong?" she asked the two-horned man, gaze remaining carefully south of his own, somewhere near his muzzle. Her question asked, she turned to look at Mauja, although this time she turned her body rather than just her head - this would leave her shoulder in d'Artagnan's eyeline rather than her face, and she hoped that might be more appealing to him. If he didn't stop glaring at her, he'd be getting a first-class view of her backside when she kicked some manners into him. That might cause her immenent death, but she did not appreciate being murderously looked at like she'd just stomped on someone's puppy. For now she contented herself with fitting her attention on Mauja, again being careful not to stare too long or too intently. And she thought mares were the cantankerous ones! She was surprised when he seemed a lot more civil - it was as though his irritable attitude from just a few minutes earlier had travelled by telepathy to d'Artagnan, and vice versa. Bugger the hellhound, maybe the two stallions were mentally bonded to each other.

He remarked that he didn't have a dog demon, but he did have an owl with a fondness for eyes. Well, wasn't that nice. Perhaps he was jesting, but the silver lady was not the best when it came to noticing humour in others (despite her own love of sarcasm which, at the moment, wasn't particularly obvious), and her eyes widened in an expression of surprise before quickly narrowing, as though to prevent the aforementioned owl of doom from pecking them out. The stallion leaned in, as though to impart a great secret, before revealing that hearts were better. Nyx repressed a shudder and the desire to faint like a pampered housewife. "If I may ask," she began, her voice several pitches higher than usual due to her bemusement and desire to appear casual (which was clearly working SO well) "where did you two get your dog-demon and, uh, eye-loving owl from? I mean, it might be quite nice to equip myself with one for when I do my own, uh, heart-ripping. It's no fun on my own, you see, and it's frightfully messy." Was she blabbering? Yes, she quite probably was.

Image © Snowwy @ Helovia

Messages In This Thread
RE: you're the antidote to everything except for me - by Nyx - 12-22-2013, 07:48 PM