the Rift

[PRIVATE] Can Frozen Hearts Still Beat?[Vulture]

Vulture Posts: 44
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15'2 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Vulture

There will be no escape cause he's fallen far from grace

The mare compliments my judgment. I laugh a bit. “It’s a skill I’ve recently learned.” I say. Threats on my life lately have been motivation enough to know when to question and to stay silent. Plus, I don’t really give a shit half the time about people’s problems, and I consider this to fall under that category. I’ll admit that this mare has got me intrigued enough to at least speak with her ,which is a feat few can pull off. Plus I find within her similar company that I can truly appreciate, as long as she doesn’t decide to make me dinner. I wonder why this mare doesn’t reside with the Asylum, but I also don’t blame her. She should covet the freedom she has, because I am bound to the group until I die, as much as I would like to leave it.

The mare reassures me about the nightmares, and I am unlikely to believe this because of all the years my horrors have tormented me. It’s a price I pay for their blood I suppose, just a small scar no one can see. If my guilt could appear as scars what would they look like? Would I be as ugly on the outside as I am on the inside? That matters little because I know already my outside is marred enough, should only be awhile before I am completely atrocious on the outside. I’m skeptical that the evils my grandfather did to me will ever fade. “Not sure if I believe that it will fade, but I’ve learned to cope with the nightmares.” It is somewhat the truth. Some days I can have a violent nightmare and function just fine, other days

After I speak of my own damnation, and she chimes in a bit that makes me laugh softly. “We can waltz with Lucifer,” I say smirking a bit. It feels quite nice to joke about, it’s been awhile since I’ve been able to do something like that with another individual. Most individuals I encounter today either want to kill me or I want to kill them. That really doesn’t permit much of an opportunity for humor. Then she goes onto a far more philosophical bit of words. “I tried to deny my sins, and well, that was a waste of my breath. Giving into what you are makes you feel better and I just find letting things go makes your life easier.”

The mare is confused at first at my expression, but when I speak a look of excitement passes over her face, and she proceeds to agree. Her body tells me how excited she is, the expression on my face shifts from wicked to a bit more genuine. I don’t say anything in response to her words, but I do dip my head and turn and begin to trot out of the cave. Oooh, Beloved you found a beauty, I’m so proud. Kestrel practically shrieks in my mind. Make sure to let her have the first bite because it’s polite. And let her have first claim to the innards. I believe Kestrel is reading into this far too much, we’re just killing something together, not making a fucking foal.

I glance about and take in a deep breath, scenting for our prey. A stale scent comes with the cold wind, and I begin to walk upwind. “I can smell him this way.” I say looking back at the mare. “By the way, my name’s Vulture.” There is no harm in giving away my name, especially since this mare is going to be my hunting buddy. I wouldn’t go as far to say she doesn’t mean me any harm, I believe that she very well could turn on me, so I just need to keep a careful eye to ensure she doesn’t decide I should be her meal instead.

After a short while I find the scent much more strong as I reach the edge of a cave. My eyes narrow as I take in the scent and nod when I am sure it is our target. “I think I found him. How about we work together and corner him, and then whoever is closest can take the first stab… Should we make it quick or slow so we can hear him scream?” I turn and look at my fellow hunter.

@[Epona]

Image Credit
[Image: 2yo7n0m.png]
I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed
Get along with the voices inside of my head

Messages In This Thread
Can Frozen Hearts Still Beat?[Vulture] - by Epona - 12-07-2013, 10:12 PM
RE: Can Frozen Hearts Still Beat?[Vulture] - by Epona - 12-08-2013, 10:18 AM
RE: Can Frozen Hearts Still Beat?[Vulture] - by Epona - 12-08-2013, 05:26 PM
RE: Can Frozen Hearts Still Beat?[Vulture] - by Vulture - 12-09-2013, 11:22 PM