the Rift

[OPEN] No More Strippers, I Swear

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

We’re gonna play like that shit in the Veins never happened, okay?

Got it?

Clear?

Good. Okay.

Well.

So I was still pretty clueless. Yeah, that’s never really a thing that stops with me. And when my mind cleared of undisclosed intoxications, I figured the best thing for me to do at this time was stop worrying about shit I didn’t understand. Okay, sure, it’s not as though I could completely zone out of my role as…whatever the hell I was, sure. But my mind was breaking. I was confusing myself into a vortex of utter…well, even more confusion. I was walking myself in circles only to realize my path was a rhombus, and then walking the fine edges until realizing the road curved into strange domains. Mathematical.

Anyway, my point. I decided to take some time to focus on things that I was sure about. Things that were tangible on my tongue, to my touch, in my sight, in my ears—promises I may have kept and obligations I had bound myself to. Like…

Jiji.

I dragged her out of the Foothills, promising to go on adventures with her, be her companion, keep her safe. And I had done absolutely none of that. Because I suck, and I warned her, but she decided to come along with me anyway, completely leaving me behind on those large, dazzling wings of hers to go do her own exploring, soaking shit up like a champion while I wandered in angry, anxious circles knowing I had to go somewhere and not knowing which direction to go to.

So I…took a step back. I caught my breath. I ate some things (shut up). And when I got back to what seemed like the mortal plane, I twisted a few arms, wrestled a few bears, ran a few errands. Some things—let’s just say that. And at the end of the things I did, I came about with this ring of metal that now sat on my horn, this brassy thing that sparkled slightly in the light, the rays catching on the tiny gemstones set within it. I didn’t know what it was or what it was for, but it was pretty as hell and it made me think of Jiji and I—

--uh—

-- I guess it was a peace offering of sorts? A thing that said “Hey I suck but I’m still thinking about you” or “Sorry for sucking” or “You’re hot” or whatever sentimental message that you could put in an inanimate object. Just…don’t judge me. I don’t know what I’m doing, but this feels right, even if it’s a little dumb. I—whatever. Shut up. Stop talking about me.

Anyway.

I was far west. The place I was in was in the exact opposite direction from our home—I guess I subconsciously avoided the place, because I was supposed to be taking her away from it. To see the world and explore places, and I sure as hell haven’t been here before. So here I was.

Except it was foggy, the mist super heavy in this place, even if it smelled like salt for some reason. Which was weird, but I’m no one to judge things as weird. The point is that I could’ve ended up lost if I didn’t know where north was (and I always knew north for some reason, don’t ask me why). The scents of other horses permeated this place, but it was diluted in some way I couldn’t place, so I brushed it off as though it were another wild place where outlaws roamed and hookers did their thing and all that fun stuff. Like Jiji would even be here. Whatever. I cleared my throat, the brass ring gleaming dully as it sat precariously on my horn-tip.

“…Jiji?” I kind of whisper-called, reaching out for her with my eyes, groping for her with my ears, “I—uh—could I talk to you?”

@[Ranjiri]

[Roskuld will be giving the brass tail-ring to Ranjiri in this thread. Also, to clarify, Ros can't discern the glass wall at this point (even though it IS visible, but she's not really trying to look for it/isn't quite aware of it) Otherwise feel free to smash <3 ]

talk

Like stars burning holes right through the dark
Flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes</style>

Messages In This Thread
No More Strippers, I Swear - by Roskuld - 12-09-2013, 01:39 AM
RE: No More Strippers, I Swear - by Ranjiri - 12-09-2013, 02:11 AM
RE: No More Strippers, I Swear - by Roskuld - 12-09-2013, 03:32 PM
RE: No More Strippers, I Swear - by Ranjiri - 12-11-2013, 11:28 PM
RE: No More Strippers, I Swear - by Dragomir - 12-12-2013, 02:51 PM
RE: No More Strippers, I Swear - by Roskuld - 12-13-2013, 03:41 PM
RE: No More Strippers, I Swear - by Ranjiri - 12-13-2013, 10:29 PM
RE: No More Strippers, I Swear - by Amaris - 12-14-2013, 02:39 AM