the Rift

How The Times Are Changing [open]

Maeve Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The more Maeve thought about Arrane's invitation, the more she realized why she had ended up here in the first place. She was reminded of the growing feeling of unrest that had finally dominated her mind and catalyzed her leaving the only family she had. The feeling still lingered, although much weaker now after such a long time alone, through raging winter nights and summer droughts. The youthful desire for freedom was a tornado that had picked her up and spun away, only to spit her out here, at the crossroads of rogue and commitment. As her cerulean gaze sat on the horn-less stallion, it became more clear in her mind that she could not give up her still fairly new-found sovereignity for the invitation of someone she'd just met, even if that someone was as nice as Arrane. She would need to learn more about this place, and the Foothills herd, before swearing her loyalty.

It was a small relief when he laughed, thankfully finding no offense in her words. As he went on to answer her question and explain more about the land, the ginger became more curious about the place she'd just stumbled into. The expression on her blazed face grew somber. "This place sounds exciting. Thank you for your help, Arrane." She said, a small smile pulling her lips for only a moment. "As nice as your offer sounds, I'm afraid I can't join your family in the Foothills. There is more I need to do before I settle into any herd." Her tone grew more regretful, and she dipped her head politely before beginning to step away from the elegant horse. "I will come visit you in your Foothills after I've gotten my bearings here a bit more." With that piece of encouragement, she began to trot into the darkening trees, disappearing beneath the rising moon.

</style>

Messages In This Thread
How The Times Are Changing [open] - by Maeve - 12-09-2013, 01:12 PM
RE: How The Times Are Changing [open] - by Arrane - 12-09-2013, 02:08 PM
RE: How The Times Are Changing [open] - by Maeve - 12-09-2013, 07:13 PM
RE: How The Times Are Changing [open] - by Arrane - 12-10-2013, 02:41 AM
RE: How The Times Are Changing [open] - by Maeve - 12-10-2013, 11:57 AM
RE: How The Times Are Changing [open] - by Arrane - 12-12-2013, 12:26 AM