the Rift

[JUDGED] feathers line my pillowcase; [Illynx v. Parelia]

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
illynx,
That the wing thing laughed at her deepened the resolve with which she assaulted her victim, weight displaced to the three limbs that hadn’t been used to prop her up in a clumsy fall, the mud smeared knee angled up towards her chest as her delicate head bobbed and weaved, her horn flashing dangerously in the grim and damp air. Lightning broke across the sky as the tip of her blade perforates flesh and feathers, a sinister sound of mirth rising from her mouth as it finds the target of the wing joint.

For all the hell that Illynx had brought to the mare today, she was fighting bravely, for which the mare was thankful – it wouldn’t have slowed her assault had the mare wilted and flinched away, to be sure, but it was certainly more fun to have a toy that fought back.

The rain beat down across her back, running rivulets of blood down the length of her horn to blur her vision with its red tinge. The mere sight of the gore makes her heart pound that much faster, given a visceral tempo by the stench of the life fluid blending with that of the sky, and she gazes quite proudly upon the gaping wounds when the light cracks like claws through the inky sky.

She has just now noticed that the mare is laced with blue as well as the pale cream. Perhaps she will take one of the feathers home with her, if she returns home victorious.

A sudden and different pressure along her horn draws a quick retreat from the experienced mare, who immediately throws her weight back and towards the left and away; the pegasus is quite smaller than she is, though, and while Illynx could not clear the weight of the falling mare completely, the impact on her left hip where the mare has slammed against her sends golden limbs sprawling. Biting into the damp grasses for support, they rise and fall rhythmically, a sharp cringe of pain creasing the features of her face each time she is forced to step down on her lamed right leg, each movement drawn from her now quite bruised hip agonizing.

But the thrill of the other mare being on the ground again leaves her little time to hesitate.

She swoops in with a glorious call of self abandonment, the rain spattering into her eyes as she glides in swiftly to the fallen mare’s side. Rising her front half from the earth, she leaps upwards and towards the mare’s right ribs (hoping to crush them, of course) with all the savagery she can manage with both forelimbs, though she is more delicate with the blow of the right knee than the other, bracing herself for the shudder of the impact with either flesh or absent earth. Her hip cringes as she rises, but she does her best to ignore the pain that ebbs and flows through the expanse of her brain.

She won’t kill this creature, of course, even if she is given the chance.

Illynx knows all too well that others get quite defensive of their mutants; and this is not a private enough place to be committing murder. Fortunately for this one, she only wished to stain the air with the stench of blood and fear.

Both of which, she noticed with a grim and satisfied smile, were already present.

[ 3/3; 575 words:
Illynx takes a big hit to her right hip as Parelia tosses her weight at her, then drives in to “leap” onto her exposed ribs with her forelegs.

I also forgot to mention in the first post, for judges, that this is a thread that was requested for Illynx to beat Parelia up. ;) It’s just serving dual purpose to teach her about fighting as well as to boost Illynx’s ego. xDD

OOC: I really adore all the detail you’ve included; there is sucking mud, emotional reactions out the whazoo, and even some humor.

However, there are a lot of grammatical errors in the writing, and I would like to suggest that you take time to make sure that everything is spelled correctly, punctuation is in the right place, and all other mechanics are in place. They judge according to how much detail you’ve included as well as how well the writing itself is accomplished.

I myself use Microsoft Word for my spars/fights and reread at least four times before posting them up, to make sure all my movements are included and that grammatically it makes sense. I tend to write the world’s longest sentences, and so I definitely would be confusing if I didn’t go back and edit them out to be smaller (but still important!) thoughts.

Other than that, you’re doing great! Can’t wait for your next reply! ]
intending to burn - pretending to fight it
everyone learns faster on fire

image credits
Table By Neo
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: feathers line my pillowcase; [Illynx v. Parelia] - by Illynx - 12-18-2013, 11:10 AM