the Rift

Rabbit Heart

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
This is a gift, it comes with a price
Who is the lamb and who is the lion?

Silence met her query. The mare lowered her wings slightly, about to breathe a shaky sigh of relief, when someone emerged from the trees. Alarmed, her wings snapped open once more, feathers standing on end to make her appear bigger.

The first thing she noticed about the stranger was that she was dazzling. The sunlight streaming into the clearing illuminated the gold dapples scattered over her back, making Nasreen blink in the sudden shimmer. Large white wings emerged from her back, and a long ivory forelock fell across her face. Despite her strange golden eyes, Nasreen took comfort in the fact that the newcomer seemed to be a filly of approximately her own age.

"I am Aurelia, of the newly founded group known as The Lost Kin. Are you new here?" Nasreen managed a nod. "I would ask you to join my band, but sadly, it is just me in this group. I have just begun this group, but I think it will do well."

As the stranger--Aurelia--continued, Nasreen began to relax. An offer to join a band? She did want the company...how did she politely explain to this kind filly that she was just trying to get home? Maybe Aurelia knew where Th'orqui was. She opened her mouth to reply, when another stranger appeared in the clearing.

“Welcome to Helovia, friend. I am Solace of the Windtossed Foothills. Should this Lost Kin not interest you, I can offer you a place within my own herd the Foothills which is led by Apollo the Merciful and Phaedra the Opulent. Our group is a family that would love to have you.” Noticing his lack of wings, her own, which had flown up again, settled at her sides. Now, what was it he'd said about a family? Nasreen's ears pricked.

"Hello!" The cheery male voice rang out through the woods, and Nasreen whirled about to face a male pegasus approaching the small group. Panic sent a surge of adrenaline through her veins and into her tired wings, which second before had felt like great weights attached to her back. A powerful flap and a downstroke sent her skyward, lofting her backwards into the air. On her way up, she clipped one of the equines behind her, throwing her off balance and sending her tumbling the few feet back to earth, shaking.

"Sorry...I'm sorry," she muttered, backing to the treeline at the edge of the clearing, taking care to put Aurelia between herself and the newcomer. Nasreen fought to stay still--the only thing holding her here was the realization that should she flee, she would have to meet any newcomers alone, without the strength to fly away.

"I'm Nasreen," she said shakily, avoiding the winged male's eyes. "I'm...I'm new here. And I appreciate your offers...but could any of you point me in the direction of Th'orqui?" she blurted out.

OOC: poor girl's so confused
-shakes head-
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
Rabbit Heart - by Nasreen - 12-11-2013, 01:42 AM
RE: Rabbit Heart - by Aurelia - 12-11-2013, 08:41 AM
RE: Rabbit Heart - by Solace - 12-11-2013, 06:49 PM
RE: Rabbit Heart - by Pheonix - 12-12-2013, 09:24 AM
RE: Rabbit Heart - by Nasreen - 12-13-2013, 01:04 AM
RE: Rabbit Heart - by Kahlua - 12-14-2013, 03:46 PM
RE: Rabbit Heart - by Nasreen - 12-16-2013, 01:29 AM