the Rift

Rabbit Heart

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
I must become a lion hearted girl, ready for a fight
Before I make the final sacrifice
Who is the lamb and who is the lion?

Another newcomer? Was this clearing some sort of meeting ground? the mare wondered. This kindly stranger offered a gentle nose to Nasreen’s shoulder, introducing herself as Kahlua. “Are you hurt?” she asked. “I have a good friend who is rather talented with medicine, if you at least need some help.” Nasreen took inventory of herself. No, she wasn’t hurt—at least, not in a way she knew how to fix.

“I'm sorry I haven't heard of the Th'orqui you spoke of--” Nasreen’s heart fell, “--but perhaps once we get you healed we can find someone who does know. I would be willing to help you,” Kahlua continued. At the offer of help, Nasreen’s copper ears pricked, tilting toward the generous mare.

“I…” she began, in scarcely more than a whisper. She paused, steadying herself. Get a grip, ‘Reen. , “I would like that very much,” she finished, looking the mare in the eye. Realizing that she hadn’t introduced herself, she smiled shyly. “I’m Nasreen, by the way.”

Willing herself to look around at the others, Nasreen spoke again. “Thank you all for your offers. Maybe we’ll meet again someday.” She offered a small, sad smile to Aurelia. While she had been tempted by her offer to join the Lost Kin, the hope of finding a way home had won out.

Nasreen moved to Kahlua’s shoulder, looking at her expectantly. Where to? she wondered, the thoughts beginning to swarm in her head again. How soon will I be back home? The thought never occurred to her that "home", should she find it, would not be the place she remembered.
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
Rabbit Heart - by Nasreen - 12-11-2013, 01:42 AM
RE: Rabbit Heart - by Aurelia - 12-11-2013, 08:41 AM
RE: Rabbit Heart - by Solace - 12-11-2013, 06:49 PM
RE: Rabbit Heart - by Pheonix - 12-12-2013, 09:24 AM
RE: Rabbit Heart - by Nasreen - 12-13-2013, 01:04 AM
RE: Rabbit Heart - by Kahlua - 12-14-2013, 03:46 PM
RE: Rabbit Heart - by Nasreen - 12-16-2013, 01:29 AM