the Rift

[OPEN] Speak Now [ Activity Check - Compulsory Herd Meeting ]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

As I rounded the southeastern borders of the World's Edge, a call could be heard upon the winds, stealing both my and Suli's attention away. Hardly halting in my steps, I merely turned my back to the glass wall I had been patrolling beside and made my way towards the sound of our Queen. Having attended several meetings in my time here, I hadn't been able to help but notice that the little mare's tone didn't sound quite as jovial as usual. A frown marred my face, and instantly I wondered what news would be shared with us. Had there been more death? Sickness? Political matters the lot of us were unaware of?

'Stop,' came Suli's snappish voice, effectively pulling me out my thoughts and bringing my attention to her alone for a moment. If she was truly upset by my thoughts, then the sorrow she failed to hide in her own eyes betrayed her words. 'Queen be okay. All well,' she said in way of comforting me then, and try as I might, I was unable to stop the corners of my mouth from turning up in the smallest of grins. Suli may or may not be right, but I was thankful nonetheless for her efforts to soothe me. No one else would.

"I'm sorry," were the only words I offered in response, for there was no time to waste in getting to the meeting. Turning my gaze back to the path ahead and picking my feet up, I moved into a ground-covering canter, the Orangemoon breeze tousling and throwing my mane every which way as I manuevered the thick foliage of my home.

Some had arrived before me, though it was hardly surprising. The sight of a pale mare brought a gentle smile to my face; I could remember bringing her here from the Threshold, and while she had been terrified of most everything that moved back then, I had seen her own kindred soul in those first few days and considered her friend. I could only hope that she had settled in and made more friends during her time here, and had grown more comfortable in her own skin. Aaron was present, too, as was the young Sakura, and I offered the siblings both a look of acknowledgement as I approached and made to stand beside Brisa. A brief extention of my muzzle was offered to her in way of greeting, and I was certain that Suli would have given her own greeting, but the little green remembered their first meeting well and kept her perch on a flimsy branch not far to my right. Her attention was on Akaith, after all. The Queen's own golden companion had always been an infatuation of Suli's, and I imagined that her feelings towards Akaith were akin to the ones I held towards Mirage; complete, and utter respect.

When Mirage began to speak, I remained quiet and took in every word she spoke. First, an apology for her absence. I had wondered where the little mare had wandered off to, if she was alright and what had happened, but it was not been my business to know. Next, she spoke of Thor's resignation to the throne. He had been a gentle leader, and while his role had been short, he'd played it well and I would miss looking upon him as Weyrleader. It seemed as though Lace, the grullo I had spoken with nearly a year ago, I stepped in to take his place. I knew little of the other stallion, but if Mirage could intrust him with the role of a leader, then I did, too. Wherever the grullo stood, I cast him a congratulatory smile and a slow, respectful nod of my head.

At the Queen's closing question, I couldn't stand to keep quiet. "What of the issue with the Basin?" I chimed in, completely unaware of the lady's meeting with Lord Deimos. The question was one that had been eating away at my mind as of late, one that needed to be answered, and I was certain I wasn't the only one wondering. "Our wall will help to ensure our safety, but it does not bring total protection."

"Speak."

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speak Now [ Activity Check - Compulsory Herd Meeting ] - by Destrier - 12-11-2013, 11:13 PM