the Rift

[OPEN] Speak Now [ Activity Check - Compulsory Herd Meeting ]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

She was... Lost.

Romani heard the call from where she stood, but remained stationary, her head poised low so that her muzzle brushed the strands of yellowing grass. Obligation required her to go... But her pathetic sense of self-worth caused her to stay. Something inside of the once fiery warrior had gone out; a flame long doused with the realization that nothing was the same. That she wasn't the same. Her heart was torn and troubled, like a small raft tossed to the mercy of waves in a storm... She wondered if any hope of salvation would come to it.

'Roma... Mirage-Queen calls for us.'

Crisp azure eyes glance to the right, to meet young Kasai's worried ice-blue orbs. The young tigress can feel the pain inside her bonded, and it hurts something awful... Yet there is nothing that she can do aside from be there when the days are too terrible, and when the nightmares are worse.

Since Romani's return to the Edge and the fight between she and Xanthos, the once stalwart warrior had become aloof, distant, and uncertain. The Haflinger remained on her own, away from the other members of the herd, watching the general going-ons and the construction of the glass wall with distaste and bitterness. What would a wall achieve? Would it only alienate them from the rest of Helovia? A choked breath escapes her, a soft buffet of wind against Kasai's downy fur. What has she become?

Yes, my sweet... I know.

With heavy steps and an equally heavy heart, the Haflinger turns and begins her slow walk to the meeting. Her eyes are downcast, and as they approach the others of the herd, Romani's heart beats just a bit faster with trepidation. Would Xanthos be there? Or would he not show? To see him would bring her more pain, and Romani was uncertain if she could survive much more.

As horse and tiger arrive at the meeting, Romani remained in the back of the crowd, allowing others to push her aside to get closer to their queen. Azure eyes raise but for a moment to seek out the form of their beloved WeyrLeader, and Romani wonders if Mirage questions what she has become. So many debts the Protector owes her Queen, yet what has she done to repay them? The threat of an invasion and she hadn't been there to protect them, stolen away by the unicorn from the Basin as she was...

Lace the SilverThorn is announced to have become their King, and Romani wishes him the best of luck. Her eyes skim the crowd, recognizing none but strangers. Aaron and Destrier were perhaps the only ones she recognized among the crowd of nameless faces... And perhaps that was for the best.

Another soul to disappoint. I'm sorry.

Over and over the question reared its ugly head in her mind; should she stay? Romani was a gypsy. She thrived on freedom, on exploration, on traveling as one with the wind... And yet a sturdy warrior is all that she had been since arriving to Helovia. Her body was here, sworn to service to protect the Edge, yet her heart sung for the lost hills of the Foothills. Never in her life had she ever been so bloody torn...

"My Queen," Romani had been unaware that she was even speaking until the words had left her traitorous lips, "My King..." Here, she dips her head in a respectful gesture to Lace, but focuses completely on Mirage with the words she speaks next. It was the DragonHeart who took her in when she lost the Foothills as a home... It was Mirage who deserved to hear what she was about to say. "I have served you as well as I could, and I owe you more debts than I can repay, but I fear... I fear the title of Protector would better suit one with more heart and mettle than what I posses." A soft breath leaves her, and at her side, young Kasai shifts from paw to paw, a pinched expression on the feline's face. Tears gather in the gypsy's eyes, but she resolutely does not let them fall.

"I must take my leave, Queen Mirage, King Lace... Perhaps one day I will return, when my heart and soul are at peace. Please understand."

... Please forgive me.

[ooc: Romani will be leaving the Edge, but hopefully on good terms. She needs time away to sort through her little problems.]

The True Soldier Fights Not Because
He Hates What is in Front of Him,
But Because he Loves What is Behind Him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speak Now [ Activity Check - Compulsory Herd Meeting ] - by Romani - 12-12-2013, 11:21 AM