the Rift

bitter taste

Breeze Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Regret. The most bitter of all feelings, nothing tastes as bad. To know you have made a wrong choice; taken the wrong road; abandoned the wrong horses (the wrong mare). Nothing exists that is worse than that; at least not for the creamy steed who dragged his hooves over the damp ground in the Threshold. His whole world contained of bitter regret and he had come back both because of and despite of it. Breeze was returning to Helovia…

It was in the middle of the night that he arrived on the border. The first time he crossed it (almost three years ago) stars had been alit on the dark heavens, but this night the skies were covered in clouds and no stars or moon guided his way through the trees. But he didn’t need the light, his black eyes were well trained and he remembered the trails he now treaded. He had walked here a few times before - the most memorable time must have been when he found Tingal (the tiger horse hybrid). But his thoughts were not with the strange stallion at the moment, they were with her; Kiara. She was the reason for his regret and the bitter taste in his mouth, he had thrown away her love only because he didn’t understand it. He had wasted his chance to happiness and now he feared that he would never even see the red roan girl again. What if something had happened to her?

"God of the Earth; father of all life, I beg you, please let Kiara still be alive and well. I ask for no more. I do not ask for her to remember the feelings she had for me, even if I wish it. I ask not even that she will not be angry with me for leaving. I ask simply that she is well - unharmed. Please, Father, hear my prayer." Breeze whispered into the silent night as he walked on.

He kept a steady, but slow, pace. He was not tired, he had not traveled fast and he was well rested and well fed. His good condition was mostly due to the reluctance he felt about returning; the fear that he would not find Kiara; that she would be gone or even dead. Those feelings had caused his journey to be slow. Sometimes it is better not knowing.

Breeze suddenly stopped. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a second. He wondered what he would do with his life if Kiara was gone. He guessed that he would have to do something, take a position inside a herd that would make him feel useful maybe? Yes, he decided that would be the best thing to do. But he wished so badly that she was still there. In his wildest dreams he saw her standing between the trees of the World’s Edge, creamy mane and tail wavering, emerald eyes glittering and roan ears pointing forwards in joy of his return. But he knew that it would not be true. The best possible scenario he could expect was that she was alive and well and that she could accept to be in the same area as him. He would be a fool to think that she would just go back to where they left things (where he left things).

I will go to the Edge. he thought. If she is anywhere, she is there.

Messages In This Thread
bitter taste - by Breeze - 12-11-2013, 04:55 PM
RE: bitter taste - by Nato - 12-13-2013, 05:25 AM
RE: bitter taste - by Breeze - 12-14-2013, 04:49 PM
RE: bitter taste - by Nato - 12-15-2013, 04:12 PM
RE: bitter taste - by Breeze - 12-17-2013, 03:45 PM
RE: bitter taste - by Nato - 12-20-2013, 05:29 AM
RE: bitter taste - by Breeze - 12-20-2013, 06:01 PM