the Rift

LET HIM RUN

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

The cold laughter that tumbled from his lips made Arah want to take her chosen escape root through the trees, however she forced herself to remain and give him a chance. The game she had been playing with him was over as soon as he replied. Just as the doe had hoped he fell for it, tried to play sweet, curiosity in his tones made him seemed almost welcoming. The black stallion could not fool her completely. Yes, she was a trusting fool, but she was also a spy. The Ivory raven twisted words and played games for a living. He did not accept her offer, he was merely playing it, trying to see just what minimal offering she had for him. With a slight roll of the shoulder and flick of the tail, Arah tried to cover her disappointment in the black stallion with mere annoyance. Sighing, Arah offered a gentle response. "Yes, assistance." Her stomach rolled out a new army of nerves, apparently the tiny life inside her did not appreciate being in a dangerous situation. The doe just waited, magic at the ready, escape plan formed in her head. The best spy remained calm in all situations, most importantly they kept a level head in dangerous ones. Tilting her head to the side, Arah studied the brute on a more intimate level.

He moved closer, Arah did not back back way with any footsteps. However she did lean away, a meeting with contact was something she desperately hoped to avoid. However his movement had been judged incorrectly by her over cautious mind, his movements were slight, and minimal. His good eye stared her over, Arah released the tension in her limbs and made to stand in a bored and unimpressed manner. In truth, while he towered over her, staring her down her escape plan began to be more appealing by the second. His voice chilled her to the bone, he may have twisted it to sound decent and non threatening, however Arah could still read the danger in his question. "I can tell you about the land you have entered." Knowledge is power after all. Her golden eyes stared him down still, if her proved to be a jerk then she would simply remove the knowledge from his mind. All this stranger would be left with? Black spots and a confused face. "I hail from Aurora Basin, we are a herd, I can offer you a safe place to rest for the night. Longer is you wish." But what you actually want from me I will not give you, a good game or for me to become a play thing for you. Arah fell silent and waited for his response, her face was empty of emotion, expressionless.

A sound..a snap of a twig and Arah turned to watch as another mare appeared. Still her face remained empty, like a book full of blank pages. Carefully...almost shyly the mare approached, she was similar in height and color as the stallion that stood in front of her. Arah offered her a kind smile, finally allowing emotion to fill her features again. It was a shame that this new mare would not be able to accompany Arah back to the Basin. The lack of horn would not allow the dame access into the home of the unicorns. Wether Arah was racist or not was neither here nor there. Besides, it was the dark stallion that was the threat today, not the new mare that had just appeared. "A Pleasure." Arah responded politely. "Please call me Arah." Now she turned back to the stallion and watched him, no. The ivory raven watched his eyes, they were the window to the soul after all. She wondered if there was an internal struggle or if it was all for show. Her head tilts to the side, watching him. How curious. Daemons could look so beautiful and behave so normal..yet as soon as you look at them closely you see the cracks in their disguise.

His lips moves, and Arah did her best to try and not wince away from his cold dead eyes. His name reminded her of a tale from her home land. It was very fitting, the ivory doe gave the now named stallion a sickly sweet smile. "I wonder if you're familiar with the origin story of your name?" If didn't matter if it meant something different from where he came from, Arah would be pleased to share his name's history out loud. "Narcissus was a hunter and he was renowned for his beauty." Now for the punchline. A grin spread across Arah's lips. "Narcissus was once lead to a pool of water, wherein he saw his reflection and fell in love with it, not realizing it was merely an image. Unable to leave the beauty of his reflection, Narcissus died." Look into my eyes daemon, they'll reflect your true beauty.

" "
824 words.

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
LET HIM RUN - by Narcissus - 12-14-2013, 03:14 AM
RE: LET HIM RUN - by Arah - 12-14-2013, 07:54 AM
RE: LET HIM RUN - by Arah - 12-15-2013, 07:17 PM
RE: LET HIM RUN - by Orinthia - 12-15-2013, 05:26 AM
RE: LET HIM RUN - by Narcissus - 12-15-2013, 03:25 PM
RE: LET HIM RUN - by Orinthia - 12-17-2013, 01:52 PM
RE: LET HIM RUN - by Narcissus - 12-29-2013, 07:33 PM
RE: LET HIM RUN - by Orinthia - 01-05-2014, 02:22 PM